Aviva ad - spotted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain Slow View Post
    I'm fairly sure late MK1s had them, as they came in during 85 and the MK2 Maestro was 86.
    The side repeaters were introduced from October/November 1985 build cars (at the same time as they were also introduced on the Rover SD1 and other ARG models). The Montego style dashboard started to be incorporated into the Maestro from December 1985 for an early 1986 announcement; possibly a February 1986 announcement.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Those strips look wide to me sam

Comment

They looked narrow in the film - my mistake!
        Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
        E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
        H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
        J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
        L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
        OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
        PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

I recorded this on my Freeview+ box. I went though it on slow-mo. To me it looks like they have only damaged the bonnet of the Maestro, which may not have been original. The osf headlight was removed, the grille and the plastic bumper look like they have been unbolted, and twisted and positioned to look damaged. The Cavalier has a hammered front wing, but it looks like the car has just had its wheel removed and placed against the lowered car at an angle. BTW I think this was shot at MIRA near Nuneaton. The setting looks like some of the things shot there for Fifth Gear.

I don't think that those cars were significantly damaged at all.

If the characters 'survived' the crash then it is implying decent crash protection. Something the Clarkson parroters wouldn't say.

BTW, Aviva have done me several good deals on Maestro insurance, and seem to recognise that if you have had one for a while you are less likely to make a claim for it than the insurance group would suggest.

Comment

Yes,looking closer at the pictures would such an impact from the Maestro be enough to snap the cavaliers wheel off ? the Maestros plastic bumper looks to be undamaged apart from its not where it should be.

Comment

There is evidence of bits flying off the Maestro. Glass, anti freeze spurts, who knows? Also it definately has a glass sunroof which would place it at least in 1987.5 MY...
              Attached Files
              M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
              Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Maybe they put a pyrotechnic inside the headlight and blew the lens out.

Comment

I looked at it again. The version I saw had the broken glass in the captured still edited out. The other thing was that it looked like the near side front of the Maestro was going to hit the Cavalier. When the reverse angle was shown it was the offside front that appeared damaged.

Comment

Working...
                  X