Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Montego Sticker question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Montego Sticker question

    Hi. Im getting nearer to the end of this montego i have had painted but need a little guidence on something.

    It is a 2.0l built in 1989 so would it have had the red 2.0l stickers on the doors and bonnet and would it origonaly have had a pinstripe like some i have seen?

    Thanks
    Ben

  • #2
    Originally posted by Turbo MG View Post
    Hi. Im getting nearer to the end of this montego i have had painted but need a little guidence on something.

    It is a 2.0l built in 1989 so would it have had the red 2.0l stickers on the doors and bonnet and would it origonaly have had a pinstripe like some i have seen?

    Thanks
    Ben
    Hi Ben
    In 1989 you would not have had any pinstripe or the 2.0i on the doors or bonnet.
    You would only have have the MG 2.0i on the bootlid and the MG on the bonnet
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 20th February 2013, 14:14.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

    Comment


    • #3
      If its a facelifted one (late 89) then I thought they did have bonnet and door 2.0i stickers??
      Neil
      90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
      94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
      01 MG ZS 180
      97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
      16' BMW 330d M Sport
      14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
      57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by monty_estates View Post
        If its a facelifted one (late 89) then I thought they did have bonnet and door 2.0i stickers??
        I thought that but not according to my 1990 Rover Todays Cars
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
        2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

        Comment


        • #5
          Now this is strange, I just looked in my Todays cars.
          The April/May 1990 shows no stickers, but the Oct/Nov 1990 one does.
          Neil
          90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
          94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
          01 MG ZS 180
          97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
          16' BMW 330d M Sport
          14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
          57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

          Comment


          • #6
            From what I remember when the facelift was introduced there were not decals on the bonnet or doors but there were on the MG Maestro doors.
            I would assume that the 2.0i was added later on Montego's.

            I also assume from Turbo MG's post that this is an injection and not Turbo as his profile has a white Turbo?
            Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 20th February 2013, 15:11.
            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
            2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
            2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
              Hi Ben
              In 1989 you would not have had any pinstripe or the 2.0i on the doors or bonnet.
              You would only have have the MG 2.0i on the bootlid and the MG on the bonnet
              Thank you. That answers my question. It is an injection. The car is going to the local body shop on Thursday to get it finished off as I just don't have the time. I will get them to put the badges back on and give it the final polish.

              Ben

              Comment

              Working...
              X