Hi Guys,
Need some advice. My low mileage (35k) 1993 Montego LXi Estate has been off the road for about 8 years (dry stored), and i'd like to get it MOT'd with the thought of selling it. How far would you go with the re-commissioning?
My plan was this:
1. Fit new cambelt
2. insure for the day and take for MOT (also get a chance to test for any issues on the road).
3. All being well, if it passes MOT I would then do the following:
- Oil & filter change
- Fuel filter
- Brake fluid
- Maybe spark plugs and dizzy cap.
I moved it to my drive from my garage which is 400 meters away recently and it started first turn of the key which was nice.
Lastly, Monty prices seem to be so fickle, what would be a reasonable price for a 1 previous owner car, 35k miles, very clean (few bubbles in rear of sills) car. Its BRG. I know the diesels sell for alot more, but this is a good solid car.
Need some advice. My low mileage (35k) 1993 Montego LXi Estate has been off the road for about 8 years (dry stored), and i'd like to get it MOT'd with the thought of selling it. How far would you go with the re-commissioning?
My plan was this:
1. Fit new cambelt
2. insure for the day and take for MOT (also get a chance to test for any issues on the road).
3. All being well, if it passes MOT I would then do the following:
- Oil & filter change
- Fuel filter
- Brake fluid
- Maybe spark plugs and dizzy cap.
I moved it to my drive from my garage which is 400 meters away recently and it started first turn of the key which was nice.
Lastly, Monty prices seem to be so fickle, what would be a reasonable price for a 1 previous owner car, 35k miles, very clean (few bubbles in rear of sills) car. Its BRG. I know the diesels sell for alot more, but this is a good solid car.

Comment