Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Purchase

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Yes Matt, we have been using it all weekend! Drives great and has gotten a lot of attention already! Look forward to doing a few shows in it

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Mikey v8 View Post
      Yes Matt, we have been using it all weekend! Drives great and has gotten a lot of attention already! Look forward to doing a few shows in it
      Good stuff mate! I'm pleased you've been showing it off and that it's attracted a lot of attention!

      Comment


      • #18
        Nice car. Reminds me of watching keeping up appearances on a sunday afternoon when i was kid lol. Hope you keep it that mint!

        Comment


        • #19
          I gave it a good polish today and fitted the centre caps, looks much better
          Attached Files

          Comment


          • #20
            Looks lovely!!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by SteveMGprice View Post
              Nice car. Reminds me of watching keeping up appearances on a sunday afternoon when i was kid lol. Hope you keep it that mint!
              was thinking that myself
              MG Maestro turbo 437
              367 Bhp

              Comment


              • #22
                Nice looking car that. I was never that fond of those when they were new but that one looks really really nice. Most if not all seem to have rusted away to nothing. When new they could show a Montego or Maestro how to rust. I havent seen a Mk1 with the original style of rear tail lights i ages.I winder if there are any of those left kicking about?
                Morris Marina 1.3sdl 78
                Morris Mariana 1.3l 79
                Morris ital 1.7slx 83
                Morris Ital 1.7hls 80

                Long Live Bls tin

                Comment


                • #23
                  I agree, back when they were new I never liked them as much as the Montegos, but in this colour with the colour coded bumpers I quite like it. Without the Vitesse bumpers though im still not too keen.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Mikey v8 View Post
                    Ive got the centre caps I just hadn't put them back on, I had to put 4 new tyres on it as they were the original tyres still

                    Its an SX, which was identical to the Vitesse except for the engine, this has the carb 1.6 not the efi. The SX had the lower ratio box, stiffer suspension and the Vitesse front and rear bumpers and rear spoiler that the Vitesse came with, the SX would not have had the Vitesse seats but this was fitted with leather from new anyway. Its a stunning little car that still looks and smells new!
                    There was another one of these for sale recently:

                    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1990-ROVER...p2047675.l2557

                    Higher mileage than yours and without the options. The Vitesse alloy wheels were not standard SX equipment either, as this other car shows. Someone's put those on at a later stage, although they do look great.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Yes I saw that car, it was for sale on car and classic for £500, I emailed about it and got some pictures, it was very rusty, rear arches, sills, bottoms of all the doors, bootlid etc, then it came up on ebay for 650 with a lot of the rust covered up...... that is the other one of 2 left, so id imagine soon it will be 1 of 1!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I've always liked these Rover's particularly the Mk1 but that is probably because the car was launched in June 1984 when I was working for an Austin Rover dealer so got to see & try all the models. I promptly ordered a new 213SE in Monza Red (B65 TKJ) & collected it on August 1st so would have been one of the very first to ever own one & at the age of 19 I didn't think that was bad!!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by matthewsemple View Post
                          There was another one of these for sale recently:

                          http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1990-ROVER...p2047675.l2557

                          Higher mileage than yours and without the options. The Vitesse alloy wheels were not standard SX equipment either, as this other car shows. Someone's put those on at a later stage, although they do look great.
                          I like the "Near Mint" bit but that is an SE not Vitesse. Surely the 2 of 2 is Vitesse's not the 216 in general

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Now that is a claim to fame! One of the 1st to own one! I had an 87 Vanden plas in 1994 and a friend had a black 89 Vitesse, always loved how the slight differences made the Vitesse look better hence why I like this car! Ive had more people stop and talk about it than I get with my 79 Trans am! Last night a chap came and knocked the door to chat about it, he had taken a wrong turn and ended up turning around in my cul-de-sac and was stunned with the car and its condition

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              The silver one is an SX like mine, I think there are 4 Vitesse left on the road, 216 as a whole id say 20-30 left.....

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Looks like this will be going up for sale soon now, if anyones interested pm me for more info,

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X