Advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

One more question, sorry! I'm off to see the car tomorrow and get some pictures, I spoke to my Mom tonight though and she'd struggling to find the keys.

I'm presuming someone must have had this same problem, so does anyone know how easy it is to get replacements if they can't be found?

Pics tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comment

new replacement lock sets are often available on e bay.
      or if you know what you need , make a post on the forums,somebody will be breaking a car where you can get yours replaced.
      but if your giving the car away, just leave it as it is , the new owner may just want it for parts depending how it is.
      Tony Hague

A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

Comment

Have you got the reg? Just wondering out of interest what engine is in it.
        MG Maestro Turbo #500
        BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
        Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
        Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
          Have you got the reg? Just wondering out of interest what engine is in it.
          E351 JLD

1598CC Petrol Engine

First registered 29th June 1998

SORN in place

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
            new replacement lock sets are often available on e bay.
            or if you know what you need , make a post on the forums,somebody will be breaking a car where you can get yours replaced.
            but if your giving the car away, just leave it as it is , the new owner may just want it for parts depending how it is.
            Thanks Tony, I thought if it was easy I'd get one to get in and check it over.

I won't be spending anything on it though I don't think.

Comment

Pictures

Double post! Oops! Sorry!
              Last edited by w60ods; 7th February 2015, 21:57.

Comment

Well, I got pictures.

It's very dusty and there are some fair size patches of rust, but it's not as bad as I thought it might be, though not as tidy as I remember.

The interior looks good except for the roof lining which appears to have come down, might be a leaky sunroof?

If anyone is interested in a closer look or taking it or parts of it, get in touch for my email address.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11788...18064846832081

Comment

headlining sagging..they all do that sir.
                  very impressed that the tyres still have air in them.
                  Tony Hague

A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

Comment

Apologies!

Sorry to all of you who sent me PMs about this car. I didn't realise that the forum wouldn't email me to let me know, so I hadn't seen them until today!

I'll be in touch with you all individually.

Thanks

Ed

Comment

HL!!!!!

Looks like it'll need some moderate body work but it's nothing that can't be done.

It's a relatively late HL in an unusual colour for the model. The seats look amazing. Good luck!
                      1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Comment

Should have lots of potential. It's a rare colour, a decent level of trim and would make for a very nice car when restored.

Montego saloons are so rare now in any age and trim that even a little effort on your part to shift it would be well worth it. Even if you can't re-home it on here (most of us are full up with Maestros/Montegos as it is) it would be worth running a sponge over it and putting it on eBay or in the Classic press.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                        X