Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please

Hi all,

I am hoping somebody may be able to assist, apologies if this is not the right forum for a question of this sort.

My Dad was the owner of an E reg Montego. 14 years ago he died suddenly and the car has sat in the garage without turning a wheel ever since.

We are looking finally to move the Montego out, I have yet to check out the current condition of the car, but is this the sort of thing that people would be interested in or is it best to simply scrap it?

I'm not bothered about money, it just seems a shame that the car which was running fine is going to go straight to the scrap heap.

It's by no means showroom condition, but I thought maybe somebody might be interested as a project or for parts for a current project.

Any advice would be appreciated, I don't want to flog a dead horse, so if I don't get any joy then I'll scrap it. It would be nice to think that it might go to help get another car running.

Thanks

Ed

This is definitely the right place for this question. There are many people on here who would be able to give you a hand in assessing its condition, getting it going or taking it off your hands.

If you could let everyone know your location and any more details about the model I'm sure someone will oblige.

Good luck,

Ian
    Ian Drew
    MG Maestro Turbo '400'
    MG ZT V8
    Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

Montego

Hi Ed

Sometimes messages from people like yourself do end up in an interesting car being saved and having a new life.

If you can tell us anything more about it - model, any obvious body issues etc. then I'm sure someone on here will want a chat with you

Andrew

Comment

Hi, firstly thanks for taking the time to ask if anyone would be interested in the car instead of just scrapping it without inquiring. Not many 87 montego's left now and I am sure a lot of cars under the radar get scrapped needlessly. What is your location? That would be the first step to see who would be interested in taking it or even popping over for a good look. Also do you know what model it is or would be able to take any photos, then people will be able to advise you if its of any value or just worth scrap? Am sure someone will save it
        MG Maestro Turbo #500
        BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
        Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
        Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

going to guess at lichfield
          Tony Hague

A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
            going to guess at lichfield
            What makes you say that Tony?
            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
            2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
            2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
            2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

google is your friend
              Tony Hague

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
                google is your friend
                Nope, im lost lol
                1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
                  Nope, im lost lol
                  Has Tony checked on line how many E plate montegos left , and sorned ? only a guess.

Comment

after 14years off the road i would guess its not on sorn as this is before the sorn order was passed

Comment

Originally posted by BIGDAVE View Post
                      after 14years off the road i would guess its not on sorn as this is before the sorn order was passed
                      How many left then?

Comment

Hi all and thanks for the replies.

Apologies - I have been a little unprepared as I was really just testing the water.

The car currently lives in Solihull Lodge (B90 postcode). I couldn't remember the trim and my Mom needs to dig the paperwork out, but the mighty Google tells me it's a Grey 1988 Montego HL 4 door saloon!

I'll try and get some pictures and a look to see exactly what state it is in. All I can tell you is that my Dad was using it and it was running fine with no major issues to my recollection.

I'll revisit this thread once I have pictures and more information. If anyone is local and fancies a nose, then please feel free to drop me a line.

Comment

Originally posted by w60ods View Post
                          Hi all and thanks for the replies.

Apologies - I have been a little unprepared as I was really just testing the water.

The car currently lives in Solihull Lodge (B90 postcode). I couldn't remember the trim and my Mom needs to dig the paperwork out, but the mighty Google tells me it's a Grey 1988 Montego HL 4 door saloon!

I'll try and get some pictures and a look to see exactly what state it is in. All I can tell you is that my Dad was using it and it was running fine with no major issues to my recollection.

I'll revisit this thread once I have pictures and more information. If anyone is local and fancies a nose, then please feel free to drop me a line.
                          Looking forward to pics of this!

Comment

yup me too...always room for just one more
                            Tony Hague

Comment

Hi all, not forgotten about this, just waiting to get pics.

There were some issues getting in to the garage, my Mom is on the case so I am hoping that I can get in there in the next week or so!

Comment

Working...
                              X