Ledbury!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RDGelder
    Is the driver of that car sticking his fingers up at the photographer?

:laugh:
    Looks like!
    Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
    VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
    J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Originally posted by RDGelder
      Just get rid of my double post....

- a bit trigger happy with the 'post' button! sorry!
      I do that sometimes...
      Steve Worsley

Comment

Why Ledbury?

Originally posted by F170 GGT
        Hmm. The link between Ledbury and the Maestro is a complete mystery to me... NOT!
        After the Ledbury cars there was a Rover garage selling new Maestros in their showroom - I have heard these cars referred to as Apple 2000 - anyone know what that is about?

Comment

Re: Why Ledbury?

Originally posted by matthewsemple
          After the Ledbury cars there was a Rover garage selling new Maestros in their showroom - I have heard these cars referred to as Apple 2000 - anyone know what that is about?
          I heard about Apple 2000. I though that was the company who were building them.
          Steve Worsley

Comment

Apple 2000 were a garage in Culford, Nr Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, who sold Maestros which were rhd but has the wipers and door mirrors as per a lhd car (the mirrors were useless!). My mate at Ipswich has n N-regd 'Apple 2000' car which was delivered with 100 miles on the clock and 12 month's MoT. I believe these were lhd cars for Bulgaria, made at Cowley then stored in a Cowley warehouse when the order fell through. They were converted to a rhd dashboard and controls by Apple 2000 but all else was left. My mate's Maestro is a 1.3 to a trim level between City X and L, I would say.

The other other Rich.
            Rich Smith

"Joe", aka "The Ryton Express", aka E838 VJO. Peugeot 309SR main car
            "Kryten", aka A560 SCW. Left hand drive MG Maestro 1600 'R' second in command
            "Fleagle", aka F929 NNA. Montego 1.6L saloon stored, status "doubts set in"
            "Cracow", aka CCW 925Y Maestro Vanden Plas - the oldest known to the Club stored, status "will fight another day - eventually"

You can email me here

Comment

I was looking through this thread and it all seems interesting.
              I remember seeing a local news report on TV about the cancelled export order to Bulgaria. I also know a guy who's in the local pub's golf society who has an R reg hatchback.
              I have also seen a T reg van running about town.
              As for the VW beetles, there's an R reg example parked up the road from where I live, so my suspicions have been confirmed!
              As for chinese imports, I would like too see that. I saw an Indian-built Morris Oxford with 51 plates the other day, so you never know....!

Comment

Working...
              X