If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to the Maestro and Montego Owners Club. Why not post in the Welcome & Feedback forum and introduce yourself?
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Silver leaf time warp Monty has arrived! - 56k Warning Heavy Pics
Corrrrr! What a cracking motor car which takes me back to when I was looking for a Montego in 1990 when all the D reg ones looked like that. That interior sure looks cosy and inviting!
Sorry, but that description is more suited to my reaction to scantily clad ladies on Brighton seafront, or anywhere for that matter, than Montego's - no matter how good the car is! The proper reaction is "nice motor son, good nick innit?" which indeed it is.
As of 3pm this afternoon, this amazing car now has 12 months MOT and passed with flying colours. The MOT tester is the same man who has MOT'd and serviced the car since it was new. He said that it has not deteriorated one bit since the last time he saw it in 2003. He remembers when the car was sold from there when it was brand new and he told me that the original owner was a very fussy "so and so", probably explains the condition! He is looking forward to seeing it again in 12 months.
It might be a bit last-minute now that I've sent off the paperwork for our contribution to the cavalcade of Austin cars, but if you are interested email / PM me ASAP and I'll see what I can do. Looks stunning!
Jonathan Sellars 1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi 2011 Jaguar XJ
I hope you decide to show it this year, Ed - even though you have such a wide choice of cars to bring. It will fit in greatly for not only the Austin Centenary, but also the other events which will have a Montego-focus this year.
I hope you decide to show it this year, Ed - even though you have such a wide choice of cars to bring. It will fit in greatly for not only the Austin Centenary, but also the other events which will have a Montego-focus this year.
It will definately been shown this year. Its the only car that is show worthy at present (Countryman not too far behind with its last stage of paint coming soon). Everything else I have in the fleet is still in need of major restoration and may not be out and about this year.
Thanks for all your kind comments guys, I'm glad you all think she nice!
Comment