Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silver leaf time warp Monty has arrived! - 56k Warning Heavy Pics

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    ARGH! Stupid restricted Internet connection at work doesn't show the pics!

    This might explain some other posts in the past few days which have confused me...

    *Sets reminder on mobile to view Monty pics when he gets home*

    Comment


    • #17
      Corrrrr! What a cracking motor car which takes me back to when I was looking for a Montego in 1990 when all the D reg ones looked like that. That interior sure looks cosy and inviting!

      Enjoy!
      M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
      Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Maria
        PHWOAR!!!!
        Sorry, but that description is more suited to my reaction to scantily clad ladies on Brighton seafront, or anywhere for that matter, than Montego's - no matter how good the car is! The proper reaction is "nice motor son, good nick innit?" which indeed it is.

        Nice motor though, Ed. Well done.

        Comment


        • #19
          I guess that depends on whether it's a girl-Monty or a boy-monty :laugh:
          A closed mouth gathers no foot

          Maestro Vanden Plas
          Maestro Camper Van
          Maestro 1.3L
          Fiat 500 Sport 1.3JTD

          Comment


          • #20
            How can you tell?

            Comment


            • #21
              Austin Centenery Rally Show Car?

              Dave

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Dave
                Austin Centenery Rally Show Car?

                Dave
                I would be very interested in that.

                As of 3pm this afternoon, this amazing car now has 12 months MOT and passed with flying colours. The MOT tester is the same man who has MOT'd and serviced the car since it was new. He said that it has not deteriorated one bit since the last time he saw it in 2003. He remembers when the car was sold from there when it was brand new and he told me that the original owner was a very fussy "so and so", probably explains the condition! He is looking forward to seeing it again in 12 months.
                1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

                MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

                Comment


                • #23
                  It might be a bit last-minute now that I've sent off the paperwork for our contribution to the cavalcade of Austin cars, but if you are interested email / PM me ASAP and I'll see what I can do. Looks stunning!
                  Jonathan Sellars

                  1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
                  2011 Jaguar XJ

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I hope you decide to show it this year, Ed - even though you have such a wide choice of cars to bring. It will fit in greatly for not only the Austin Centenary, but also the other events which will have a Montego-focus this year.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Austin-Rover
                      I hope you decide to show it this year, Ed - even though you have such a wide choice of cars to bring. It will fit in greatly for not only the Austin Centenary, but also the other events which will have a Montego-focus this year.
                      It will definately been shown this year. Its the only car that is show worthy at present (Countryman not too far behind with its last stage of paint coming soon). Everything else I have in the fleet is still in need of major restoration and may not be out and about this year.

                      Thanks for all your kind comments guys, I'm glad you all think she nice!
                      1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

                      MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Girl or Boy



                        If it runs really well for three weeks but then becomes a bit temperamental every fourth it's probably a woman, try taking it to Tesco's

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          :laugh: LOL!

                          (Means Funny , but in no sexist mannor )

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X