Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Montego-savvy mechanic or garage in the West Mids/South Staffs/Shropshire areas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Montego-savvy mechanic or garage in the West Mids/South Staffs/Shropshire areas

We have received the following from a club member. If you can help with a recommendation, please let the club know. Thank you

Can anyone recommend a good Montego-savvy mechanic or garage in the West Midlands/South Staffs/Shropshire areas? Owing to a health scare and my increasingly demanding role as a carer my poor Monty has sat in the garage for over three years.

As far as I’m aware, it has no problems other than anything resulting from being so idle! It has passed MOTs straight away for several years previously.

To my horror last winter I found that mice had been in the garage and make it a five star hotel in the well by the spare wheel. They had scoffed the contents of all my feed packets I kept in there and made a nest from the paper! I therefore need all the wiring checking before the car is moved, in case of damage!

As my Passat – my 'business' car is getting old (and so am I) I would like to get my Monty back on the road. I am not impressed with for electronic key fobs, lambda probes and all the other mod cons that go wrong, I just want to get my allotment stuff or other gear from A to B and I don’t need anything posh!

I still miss the amazing visibility and loads space in my Monty.

Probably a bit too far south, but if nothing else turns up, it might be worth asking them, they seem pretty good with older cars and have a good reputation (and they run a Maestro van) https://www.trooperslodgegarage.co.uk/

Comment

I think Nick still runs a garage.

http://www.austingarages.co.uk/

www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Thank you both - I will pass those on.

Yes Nick does still run Austin Garages

Comment

Working...
        X