Heatshield 1.6 Maestro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heatshield 1.6 Maestro

So as am confined to barracks I thought I would have a crack at making a new heatshield for the missing one. I purchased a 1mm small square of aluminium sheet and after removing the carb used a piece of cardboard to make a template and then marked it out in the ali. After cutting it out I glued a piece of exhaust glass fibre cloth to the base and then fitted. I hope this cures the problem of non starting in the summer. Now while I have got the carb off should I replace the o rings in the stepper motor? If anyone has any tips of getting in to them they would be gratefully accepted. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0526.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	823.9 KB
ID:	332351 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0528.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	693.9 KB
ID:	332352 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0531.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	451.4 KB
ID:	332353

Originally posted by kentish479 View Post
    So as am confined to barracks I thought I would have a crack at making a new heatshield for the missing one. I purchased a 1mm small square of aluminium sheet and after removing the carb used a piece of cardboard to make a template and then marked it out in the ali. After cutting it out I glued a piece of exhaust glass fibre cloth to the base and then fitted. I hope this cures the problem of non starting in the summer. Now while I have got the carb off should I replace the o rings in the stepper motor? If anyone has any tips of getting in to them they would be gratefully accepted. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0526.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	823.9 KB
ID:	332351 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0528.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	693.9 KB
ID:	332352 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0531.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	451.4 KB
ID:	332353
    Looks like a job well done! I think there is 'how to' for the o rings on here somewhere, only likely problem I can think of is the three bolts/screws holding the stepper motor on. They can be pigs to get out, well worth dousing them in penetrating oil (a quality one like 'arrow super slaks') over as long a period as possible before you try them. A very light smear of vaseline on the o rings will help ease them in, you don't want to damage them....

Comment

They do come up on ebay occaisionaly I waited 2y to get one
      Sure & steadfast.
      BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
      1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
      1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

Working...
      X