restomod Maestro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restomod Maestro

Hello Folks, How to forum members feel about restomods. And for those who donot what that means. In essence you rip out the **** things that dont work very well in the car and replace them with modern reliable systems/parts while keeping the overall look and feel.

So an example of a restomod to me. Anyone who has spent time with MG B`s will know that the original factory fuel pump should have been put down before it was even used. And as a consequence a lot of reliability issues and resolved just by replaced the fuel pump with a modern variety. The car is still an MG B but its now reliable.

So i more poignant item in this regard for a maestro would be the 240mm disc. This was undersized went if left the factory, so the fitting of 280mm discs is not a performance upgrade, its a basic safety upgrade.

What other things to other owners feel they believe are absolutely useless and warrant being replaced as a matter of course or your thoughts in general on modern parts on a old car...

I always feel, it's your car do as you please and sod everyone else
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Working...
    X