Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilemma Sale up or keep them going???

I am know by all my family friends and co workers as Maestro Man

I've run one of two Maestro's for nearly 20 years every day as work commute trips out to motor sports events eBay collections from all four corners of the UK and a work horse last couple years I have moved 31 tons of building materials 5 miles to my house build which may have bean a bit much

Head blown parked up took 18 months to get around to doing and re M.O.T day of the test came fired her up nice no smock purring like kitten off we go went to lock up garage big puddle of oil checks reviled running out of hole in exhaust pipe must be turbo issue (and repair down pipe) test cancelled

Big Question

Keep it going as everyday car???

My Maestro's are now 30 years old back in the day this would be classed as a classic for 5 years

So to use every day asking to much and should I sale up to someone who would treat them a bit better they probably deserve it

What do you think???

I'd be tempted to repair it & keep using it, I'm guessing you changed the oil when doing the head gasket? If not it might be worth a try, also check that turbo oil drain isn't restricted and that there are no leaks between servo and vacum pump, if there is a leak here the vac pump will pump air into the oil return. Not a common problem, but cheaper to fix than the turbo, so worth checking..

Comment

I Think your write about repair it I ll check your great suggestions with regards to the turbo pipes etc and at least get it though its M.O.T

The Dilemma using it every day I do a lot of miles and normal hauling weight the last though years has bean a battle ageing rubber and seals etc and when will it let me down and can I get the parts

Its bean a very faithful friend and never let me down in previous years until now even a winter start at -12c when no one else's engine would start including are modern tractors vans and 4x4 to the disbelieve of every one Maestro started no problem

If I do decide to part with all 3 the parts car I believe is one of the last TD my farther ordered when they stop building them log book shows 1 owner the shell doors etc is in good order engine went bang (Camshaft shaped) and has bean used for some parts would someone buy this as a whole or just scrap??

Comment

Working...
      X