Austin maestro BRM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin maestro BRM

Hi guys more bad luck maestro BRM I was driving down a duel carriage way last night I was in the slow lane a van overtook me and a BMW 3 series came in between us bearing in mind there was only two lanes and smashed straight into the back of me then the van spun around straight into the side of me the front and rear doors are smashed in the rear wing smashed in and I dont know if the petrol tank or the fuel pipe has been hit it was leaking petrol everywhere insurance say it might be written off. The BMW driver and passengers where high on drugs which explained why they tried to come inbetween two vehicles on a two lane carriageway. Sad day for my maestro

Sounds like it's the end of the road for your Maestro: I guess the fuel leak will be the result of the filler pipe being ripped out of its joint with the tank when the rear wing got bent.

But at least the car did a good enough job of protecting you (I am guessing you have escaped without serious injury). Let's hope the scumbag driving the BMW was insured......and don't be fobbed off with an offer of £500!
    1983 (Y) MG 1600
    1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
    1987 700 City 1.6 Van
    1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
    1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
    1990 Clubman D
    1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

Yes I am hoping for more than £500 got to wait for the insurance to deal with it now.

Comment

The BMW driver done a runner when the ambulance got him to hospital so I don't know if the police have found him.

Comment

Sounds like a nightmare, glad you were ok & hope it gets sorted out.

Comment

Thanks John luckily i only had minor injuries neck shoulder and arm the car is a total loss. they still can't trace the BMW driver who caused it so it may have been stolen so I think it's the end another maestro.

Comment

Working...
            X