Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you have, or want?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What would you have, or want?

    Hi All,

    Heres a little bit of fun, but it could also help people find the cars they want. I guess that everyone must have a shortlist of Montegos or Maestros thay would like to own, and it would be interesting to find out what they are. I have 2 lists, The first are ones that I am actively looking out for (I had to list these for my wife incase I try and buy another model that I may not 'really' want, just because its cheap, or in good condition). The 2nd list is a consider list 'if' they happen to come up.

    List 1 - Active list:

    Montego 1.3 Saloon
    Montego 2.0 Si Saloon
    Montego 2.0 DL, DLX, DSL, DSLX or Countryman D Estate (pref is Countryman)
    Montego 2.0 GSi Executive
    Montego MG Turbo (1985 - 88)
    Montego 2.0LXi / DLX (Spanish model with a/c - 1994/95)

    List 2 - Would be considered:

    Montego 1.6 Mayfair
    Montego 2.0 VDP Efi
    Maestro Van (to make a Monstro van)
    Neil
    90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
    94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
    01 MG ZS 180
    97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
    16' BMW 330d M Sport
    14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
    57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

  • #2
    My list would be:

    Montego 2.0HL Saloon
    Montego Advantage (BRG or Cherry red)
    Montego VDP EFi Estate
    Montego 2.0GTi saloon
    Montego 2.0GSi saloon (exec or not)
    Montego 2.0GSi Estate
    MG Montego (2.0EFi or Turbo aslong as its not a shed)

    My biggest "want" was Montego HLS but I have one now.
    1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

    MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

    Comment


    • #3
      Interesting topic!

      Up to buying my Moonraker Vanden Plas Maestro, I just wanted a high-spec model in a classy colour. What I found matched that criteria perfectly - and the condition of the car is also great.

      It complements my first car in that I now have a Mark2 base model in a funky bright colour and also a Mark1.5 high-spec model in a gorgeous, more upmarket colour.

      As it is, my fleet is pretty much perfect to me. In reality I cannot acquire another car to add to my collection as I do not have enough space, so anything I would like isn't achievable as yet.

      Anyway, on my dream list, as far as Maestro's and Montego's go:

      Maestro:

      Vanden Plas, digidash model - Black
      MG Turbo - Black (or Flame Red if it's as dribble-worthy as G51 NAV)
      Ledbury - Blue or Black

      Montego:

      1.6HL - Not sure of the colours but something classy
      MG 2.0 EFi - Moonraker Blue or Targa Red
      LX (late model) - Black

      Monstro:

      Vanden Plas (hatch) - Oporto Red
      Maestro Countryperson - Caribbean Blue

      Oh and I wouldn't say 'no' to other BL tin such as Allegro VP in black or maybe an MG Metro 1300 in Silver.

      Edit: Oooh, look what's on eBay... >Clicky<
      Attached Files
      Last edited by D87SMW; 17th August 2006, 11:58.
      Steve Worsley

      R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
      VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
      J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MaestroSpecial


        Montego:

        LX (late model) - Black


        Edit: Oooh, look what's on eBay... >Clicky<
        I'm currently the winning bidder on a 1.6LX in black on eBay, MOT'd, £16.00
        Neil
        90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
        94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
        01 MG ZS 180
        97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
        16' BMW 330d M Sport
        14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
        57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by monty_estates
          I'm currently the winning bidder on a 1.6LX in black on eBay, MOT'd, £16.00
          Aye, that's the one I liked the look of. Good luck with that.
          Steve Worsley

          R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
          VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
          J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

          Comment


          • #6
            The trouble is, I bid on it before I gave my wife the list of approved models, so,

            1. I will be in trouble if I win,
            2. Luckily I only placed a £16 bid, so if you want it, bid £17 :-)
            Neil
            90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
            94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
            01 MG ZS 180
            97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
            16' BMW 330d M Sport
            14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
            57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

            Comment


            • #7
              Would like a very late (H/J) OR very early (B/C) Maestro EFi/2.0i, totally mint, in either Targa Red, Flame Red or White Diamond. The lower the mileage the better. Must have PAS but leccy windows is not an issue.
              Regards
              John Orrell

              MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
              MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by monty_estates
                Hi All,


                List 2 - Would be considered:

                Montego 1.6 Mayfair
                Montego 2.0 VDP Efi
                Maestro Van (to make a Monstro van)
                Oh i had a Very nice Brown/Maroon 1.6 C reg Austin 1.6 Mayfair really good bodywork but the ****in engine blew up, still pisses me off to this day...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Mine would be:
                  A mint 2.0 Montego Advantage in Cherry Red(Mine isn't mint yet)
                  2.0 Montego Mayfair
                  The burgundy 2.0 Montego GSi Executive thats round the corner from me
                  1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                  1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                  1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                  2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                  2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by monty_estates
                    I'm currently the winning bidder on a 1.6LX in black on eBay, MOT'd, £16.00
                    Well did you get it for £16? Thats mega cheap
                    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                    2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jeff Turbo
                      Well did you get it for £16? Thats mega cheap
                      No, it went for £63.39...... an MOT'd car for under 70 quid!!!
                      Neil
                      90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
                      94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
                      01 MG ZS 180
                      97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
                      16' BMW 330d M Sport
                      14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
                      57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X