Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Ex-Military Police Montego

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My Ex-Military Police Montego

    I've just uploaded pictures in the gallery:

    http://www.maestro.org.uk/pp_gallery...ry.php?cat=556

    MOT tomorrow! Wish me luck. The car is in great shape. Only one minor flim-flam so far when a fuel pipe came undone but apart from that, the car's previous love and care really shows, just look at the wheel arch lips!
    1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

    MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

  • #2
    looking lovely Ed. good luck for the MOT. Im sure it'l be fine

    Comment


    • #3
      waw ed looks so good wish i had noticed it lol . nice n white. choo choo

      Comment


      • #4
        Looks good Ed, although I am neve sure if your fleet is getting bigger, or getting smaller !

        BTW, are those rear arches still original ?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Levi_501
          Looks good Ed, although I am neve sure if your fleet is getting bigger, or getting smaller !

          BTW, are those rear arches still original ?
          I'm officially off the wagon at the moment! :laugh:

          Yep those arches are original. Apparently the car has hardly ever been wet and its arches, underside was hosed out weekly.
          1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

          MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

          Comment


          • #6
            Lookin good Ed. Now you have fallen off the wagon (again), will you be purchasing many more rare Monty's?:laugh:
            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
            2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
            2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jeff Turbo
              Lookin good Ed. Now you have fallen off the wagon (again), will you be purchasing many more rare Monty's?:laugh:
              :laugh: It all depends on the model and condition. I'm still short by a nice MG but funds do not allow at the moment. Perhaps in the new year.
              1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

              MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

              Comment


              • #8
                Very nice Ed!

                I notice it is Mancester registered too ('VM') Do the numberplates name a Rover dealer? What do you know about its history?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Austin-Rover
                  Very nice Ed!

                  I notice it is Mancester registered too ('VM') Do the numberplates name a Rover dealer? What do you know about its history?
                  Thanks Rich. Yes I believe that Jonathan had to get it registered after he bought it from Auction in 1996. I also have it original MOD reg mark which I will post up later when I can put my hands on the paperwork. I have loads of MOD sale paperwork and Rover Dealer paperwork. It has come with lots of old MOTs and service history so it is quite a nice little buy for very little money!
                  1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

                  MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Looks like another cracking Monty Ed. Is it me or is it gagging for some 15x6 MG Monty cross-spokes
                    Regards
                    John Orrell

                    MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                    MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by G51 NAV
                      Looks like another cracking Monty Ed. Is it me or is it gagging for some 15x6 MG Monty cross-spokes
                      That has crossed my mind, aswell as a white MG boot spoiler and rear reflector panel? Any thought?
                      1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

                      MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        yeah that would look the bog's dollox
                        Regards
                        John Orrell

                        MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                        MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ed, I guess it also looks even better considering its 115,000 miles!!!
                          Neil
                          90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
                          94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
                          01 MG ZS 180
                          97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
                          16' BMW 330d M Sport
                          14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
                          57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by monty_estates
                            Ed, I guess it also looks even better considering its 115,000 miles!!!
                            Yep, it certainly has absorbed its miles very well!
                            1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

                            MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Wow thats looks wicked! and not a piece of "Orange-Peel" (rust) lol

                              BTW are those rear reading lights standard on late saloons, or were they an option?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X