No announcement yet.

32 miles from home & look what happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pfff all these low mileage cars, in the turbo alone last week i did nearly a 1000 miles and it wasnt cheap! The Monty always does at least 3-400 miles a week and on busy weeks that also does 7-800 miles, its not unknown to be doing a 1000 miles a week at its peak... maestro up to 141k, monty 202k.

Comment

My Maestro's on 180K. Its "new" engine (fitted 2001) has now done 80,000 miles. The gearbox is on the way out, unfortunately.
      M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
      Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Mileage & Useage

All very well having it standing around in a garage, keeping the mileage down. But when running a fossil fueled (i.e petrol) car becomes unfeasable as we are priced off the road by fuel price increases, taxation, the rantings of the climate change brigade, etc, or the stuff simply becomes unavailable due to limited resources. Might as well have at least used it before it becomes a museum piece

Comment

Prolly not wrong

All change at the end of September as the MG Turbo goes back into the garage for Winter hibernation and the VP comes out for a change
          Regards
          John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
          MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

out for the winter?

Steady John,

The VP's not used to winter, well late autumn, come to that! Just a few days when the roads were dry and the Council hadn't spread salt all over.
            I miss A251's comfy velour seats - JOE is grey leather, not as comfortable by a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by C191JOE
              Steady John,

The VP's not used to winter, well late autumn, come to that! Just a few days when the roads were dry and the Council hadn't spread salt all over.
              I miss A251's comfy velour seats - JOE is grey leather, not as comfortable by a long way.
              Agreed.
              Others can keep leather I prefer fabric too.
              I sat in a leather seated car for the first time a couple of years ago -it was a hot day (I was wearing shorts!) and it brought back bad memories of childhood and having my thighs stick to the pvc seats of our Triumph 1500 :laugh:
              My name is Darren.
              Home of a Maestro for 30 years.
              1983(Y)Maestro 1.3 HLE (Nellie) Very poorly
              1995 Rover 214SI
              2004 MG ZS 120
              2006 LandRover 90 TD5
              2014 Volvo V40 T3 R-Design.

Comment

Originally posted by C191JOE
                Steady John,

Don't worry, I have no plans to use it in icy/bad weather Which if last Winter is anything to go by means it prolly won't drive out of the front gates during any time from bloomin' November to next April: six months of soddin' Winter we had up here
                Regards
                John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

TLC

And i thought my monty est was doing well at 278.000 from new in1988/with only a slight oil leak from the cam covers.
                  Sure & steadfast.
                  BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
                  1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
                  1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

Working...
                  X