Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just another up date

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...r/100_0399.jpg

Turbo engine out, is going to be rebilt slightly, as in all the leaking gaskets replaced. Have order Mg Rover head set as still available, though rebuild set wasnt, so orders them all seperate.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...r/100_0400.jpg

Rover 45/ MGZS turbo diesel gearbox maestrorised built to take 300nm of torque so with the o series turbo 230nm, in standard form, should be fine

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...r/100_0401.jpg

Underbonnet pipes all in, most with new petrol hoses due to wear. New master cylinder also fitted.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...r/100_0402.jpg

Turbo fuel pipes fitted, including the return, both a pain to fit, though not as bad as i though it would be, tank to come though

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...r/100_0403.jpg

Turbo / mk 2 loom now all in, as is heater box which new matrix and resitor pack and pedel box which has new pedal rubbers.

Still got a long way to go
    Last edited by henocsr; 1st August 2008, 18:33.

Comment

Looking good.
      Is it staying Opaline?

Comment

Just a little correction. The PG1 box is rated to 240Nm not 300.
        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Originally posted by The Jensk
          Looking good.
          Is it staying Opaline?
          :laugh: I was just gonna ask the same question Oli. World's only snot-green MG Turbo 'look-a-like' :laugh:
          Regards
          John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
          MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Yes it is saying opeline green. Is a rare colour so would like to keep it. Changed the colour of 237 completely (gunmetal grey) and was a lot of extra work so not this time.

The PG1 box i have is for a Rover 45 / MGZS turbo diesel 115ps, which has 260 nm standard, and i believe it has the same internals as the rover 800 vitesse boxs, though without torsen diff, which have engines that produce 280 nm. It would be unlike rover to produce an engine with 280 -260 nm of torque and then only fit a box which is only able to handle 240nm.............well i hope so anyway

Comment

No I'm afraid the box was only ever rated to 240Nm

From the powertrain website:
              The gearbox in its two types of standard (rated to 216Nm) and uprate (rated to 240Nm) is presently supplied to various companies including MG Rover, Land Rover, Honda and Lotus for vehicles such as Rover 25 and 45, MGF, MG ZR, MG ZS, Land Rover Freelander and Lotus Elise.
              The vitesse and infact all T16 turbos were artificially restricted in the torque department to 240Nm to save the gearbox, and even then they are still regarded as almost a consumable item on them!

I like the colour though. But then I am colourblind.
              Last edited by E_T_V; 3rd March 2008, 10:38.
              www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
              www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
              www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Originally posted by henocsr
                Changed the colour of 237 completely (gunmetal grey) and was a lot of extra work so not this time.
                Wow that was YOU was it! Cool! I remember that car VERY well.
                Regards
                John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Originally posted by G51 NAV
                  Wow that was YOU was it! Cool! I remember that car VERY well.
                  Yep it was, does anyone if it still around? I have a spare colour keyed door handle for it too.

Comment

A grey Turbo?

Are there any photos of this one? Sounds interesting. May have come across it somewhere before but I can't be sure...
                    Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                    VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                    J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

DVLA results

Originally posted by henocsr
                      Yep it was, does anyone if it still around? I have a spare colour keyed door handle for it too.
                      I reckon it is still around:

The vehicle details for G322 BFX are:

Date of Liability 01 12 2008
                      Date of First Registration 01 08 1989
                      Year of Manufacture 1989
                      Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1998CC
                      CO2 Emissions Not Available
                      Fuel Type Petrol
                      Export Marker Not Applicable
                      Vehicle Status SORN Not Due
                      Vehicle Colour GREY
                      Vehicle Type Approval null
                      The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.
                      Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
                      6 Months Rate £99.00
                      12 Months Rate £180.00

Comment

I remember this car - you bought some yellow foglights for it from me as I recall, and perhaps some other bits. I took a picture of it at Silverstone in 2003.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Corr that looks bloody lovely!

Comment

Originally posted by philippope
                            I remember this car - you bought some yellow foglights for it from me as I recall, and perhaps some other bits. I took a picture of it at Silverstone in 2003.
                            Yep that was me. i brought a dash from you as well. I used to love that car, wish i still had it. I had to sell it as the insurance was so high, and the milage i had started to do in it ment that its love of super unleaded didnt go well with my bank account.

i looked into buying it back in 2006, when it was on ebay but it had been abused and had had a front endas the front bonnet slam panal was green in the pics, and the bloke said it needed a clutch and remain again............plus i would have had to borrow the money to get it.

If anyone knows about it coming up for sale let me know........wondor it is still has 'cossie killer' written on the number plates

Comment

Update

Got the gaskets and seals from Mg Rover today, including a complete Turbo head set, which i was very happy that it was still availabe. Only part not available was the rear main oil seal. This is back order at the moment. But Unipart was able to get me one, plus a big tin of engine degreaser. So going to start that tomorrow.

Sent the turbo down to turbotechnics Thrusday, very helpful after 2 other companies just said, no cannot get parts, it is only a T3, most turbo cars of the 80s had one. Got the report from them today, and not great news. the bearings are gone, the shaft is scored and the wastegate housing is cracked but they can rebuild me one for £400 all in with a 24000 miles/2 years warranty so just waiting for it to be finished.

Comment

Wish I found it feasible to carry out a full recon on my car. Anyway, it's obviously a surefire way of getting more like the 'sportscar' you're after. Can't begin to imagine it with a tickford kit in that colour so I assume you're going for the stealthy appearance!

1989 MG Maestro Turbo no.399

1994 Maestro Clubman Turbo Diesel

Comment

Working...
                                X