No announcement yet.

Calling electronics experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'll keep an eye out for a propper efi transducer but in the mean time just have to live with the 10% ,at least now we know the 820 transducer will run a digi dash and not an urban myth.

Cheers

Russ

Comment

See I don't give duff advice!!

The transducer won't affect how far out the speedo is, it'll either be exactly as the designer intended or 100% out. The transducer either sends 2 or 4 pulses per revolution, it can't send 4.1 or 4.15 etc. if it was out it would be miles out.
      10% over-read is pretty typical for most if not all maestros. Are you running standard sized tyres?
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

I never said you did give out duff advice No one could say for definite if the 820 trans would work. But as I got a spare ecu thought id go the death or glory route!
        Ive got standard tyres but the 800 has bigger ones ,but im not sure if the calibration is in the transducer or the speedo drive,if it were the transducer the one from a 220 (which didnt have them ) would be somewhere nearer.
        Im sure my ZR has one but that has 17" wheels which I presume are somewhat greater in overall size than my 14s with 175s.

Cheers

Russ

Comment

You'll find the calibration is between speedo drive and speedometer. The transducer can't change it anything else than doubling or halving it...

Alexander
          http://www.austin-rover.co.uk/index....berbouckef.htm

Comment

Working...
          X