Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Census of cars in club

Hi all,

You might have seen in the membership packs there's a small section asking you to detail your car for the club's records. We also have an online facility, into which you can enter fleet details and update them as and when you modify, sell, or buy a car. We're hoping that such a census will give us a better idea of what's in the club in terms of numbers, models, and the Maestro/Montego split.

CLICK HERE to be taken to the log-in page. You'll need your membership number and expiry date, and when you've logged in as an existing member, you'll have the option to add cars, and edit when you've entered them.

Thanks in advance to anyone who makes use of this facility.
    Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
    E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
    H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
    J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
    L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
    OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
    PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

wouldn't this thread be better in the Members Only area? If you only want responses from Club members, then to non-Club members it's pretty irrelevant in here...
    Regards
    John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
    MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

I'm not having any luck...

It say's that it doesn't match what we have in our records!!!!!!

Just realised that the card i have is out of date!!!

can you pm me my exp date as i cannot remember when it is

Comment

Originally posted by G51 NAV View Post
        wouldn't this thread be better in the Members Only area? If you only want responses from Club members, then to non-Club members it's pretty irrelevant in here...

You can only post in here if you're a club member - and I thought it made sense to put a fleet request in this section.

Terry, bear with and I'll pass it on.
        Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
        E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
        H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
        J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
        L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
        OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
        PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Slow View Post
          You can only post in here if you're a club member
          yeah I know that, but non Club members do have read-only access to this section, unlike the Members Only area, and I just don't see the point of even bringing it to their attention. But it's no big issue.
          Regards
          John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
          MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

I don't fully understand this section. Surely it would be better to have a car project section open to everyone so members and non members feel included. When I look at the merits of a car/project never does it enter my head if they are a member or not.

Comment

You have a point, but then again we need people to become members in order for the club AND this forum to stay alive.

People need benefits to want to join a club, and this sort of thing is a benefit that only club members have.

Comment

As I said I don't understand your logic, so you are excluding non members so they want to join? It is an approach I guess

I'd have a link or a thread somewhere stating clearly how much it is and the benefits of joining. I only took years to join as I didn't know the price, realistically it is quite cheap, so if you can make that clear and tell everyone what they are getting access to for the money I'd say you'll get a few more sign up.

I had to get to the sign up page before I had any idea of cost. So you have to want to sign up before you get to know how much.

Comment

Originally posted by countrydude View Post
                  As I said I don't understand your logic, so you are excluding non members so they want to join? It is an approach I guess
                  We're not excluding anyone.

That's a bit like saying we're excluding non-members from receiving the club magazine... There has to be benefits associated with signing up to the club. The mag is one of them, and this feature of the forum is another.

I'd have a link or a thread somewhere stating clearly how much it is and the benefits of joining. I only took years to join as I didn't know the price, realistically it is quite cheap, so if you can make that clear and tell everyone what they are getting access to for the money I'd say you'll get a few more sign up.

I had to get to the sign up page before I had any idea of cost. So you have to want to sign up before you get to know how much.
                  Point taken. Perhaps we need to make that a bit clearer.

Comment

yes but the magazine cost to print so everyone can see why that happens, a section of the forum is free. All I'm saying is the idea of a members car section is a good one. If it is agreed across the board that it should be paid members only then ok, but it would add to the debate and liveliness of the section if non paid members are allowed to comment, just not have a project/car thread.

Anyhoo, just thinking out loud.

Comment

The forum is not free to host, nor is the software. Both come out of club funds, paid for by members.

Comment

its nice that people who have paid into the club should get a little bit more for their money - and only fair really... The idea of this section was to give members a chance to write about their car and get a bit of coverage that was more visible than having a blog or similar.

no one wants to restrict access to the majority of the forum like technical help etc as that wouldn't promote the future of the cars - however there has to be a balance.

a lot of people seem to assume they are in the club because they have signed up to the forum. you see it when non-members start talking about the club getting parts re-manufactured etc. The club doesn't charge a lot for membership - so unless loads of people sign up theres less chance of things like that happening

good idea about listing the cost to join clearly in more places - maybe that could be looked at.
                        CURRENT FLEET:
                        1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
                        1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
                        1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
                        2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
                        1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

cant get in keeps saying that the expiry date not in data base,
                          sorry

Comment

Last edited by MG MAL; 30th October 2013, 17:13.

Comment

Originally posted by MG MAL View Post
                              Only members eh?
                              Yep, that's what it says Mr W. Members Cars
                              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                              2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                              2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                              2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Working...
                              X