No announcement yet.

1995 Rover 214 SEi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they both on their original boxes as they aren't exactly bulletproof gearboxes
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Fixing a heater on a Rover 45 is an extremely simple procedure. Jusrt remove the glovebox and sound deadining below it, then two screws hold the heater coil in. You can get these re-soilered or brand new ones for less than £15 delivered off ebay. Fit new one and away you go.

Comment

Originally posted by E_T_V View Post
        Are they both on their original boxes as they aren't exactly bulletproof gearboxes
        I bought the 214GSI when 3 years old with 20k on the clock, and the 214 si 11 years old had 60k on the clock.
        So I cannot be absolutely sure, but it is highly likely.

The 214GSi box broke up at 116k, and the 214si box is still going at 93k.
        My name is Darren.
        Home of a Maestro for 30 years.
        1983(Y)Maestro 1.3 HLE (Nellie) Very poorly
        1995 Rover 214SI
        2004 MG ZS 120
        2006 LandRover 90 TD5
        2014 Volvo V40 T3 R-Design.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeG83 View Post
          Fixing a heater on a Rover 45 is an extremely simple procedure. Jusrt remove the glovebox and sound deadining below it, then two screws hold the heater coil in. You can get these re-soilered or brand new ones for less than £15 delivered off ebay. Fit new one and away you go.
          Not in my case, unfortunately. I discovered some charred wiring going into the connector on the motor, and somebody had already been there before with some 'chocolate block' connector strip

A rewire is planned as soon as the snow has cleared

A couple of resistor coils have also failed, but I have replacements waiting to be fitted. Funnily enough, I have three cars to do this on in total: my 25 and my wife's Streetwise have both lost speeds 1 and 2
          1983 (Y) MG 1600
          1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
          1987 700 City 1.6 Van
          1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
          1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
          1990 Clubman D
          1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

Originally posted by digital efi View Post
            Not in my case, unfortunately. I discovered some charred wiring going into the connector on the motor, and somebody had already been there before with some 'chocolate block' connector strip

A rewire is planned as soon as the snow has cleared

A couple of resistor coils have also failed, but I have replacements waiting to be fitted. Funnily enough, I have three cars to do this on in total: my 25 and my wife's Streetwise have both lost speeds 1 and 2
            I find these only fail in really cold weather?
            My name is Darren.
            Home of a Maestro for 30 years.
            1983(Y)Maestro 1.3 HLE (Nellie) Very poorly
            1995 Rover 214SI
            2004 MG ZS 120
            2006 LandRover 90 TD5
            2014 Volvo V40 T3 R-Design.

Comment

Originally posted by digital efi View Post
              My Streetwise also only works on speeds 2, 3 & 4. Still a very warm and effective heater, though.

Mine's a 1.4 16v 103PS and I also find 5th gear a bit short, but it's not much different MPH>RPM to the 75s and MG ZT I've driven. 70 comes at around 3,200RPM while my cruising speed of 65 sits at 3k.
              Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
              VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
              J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Working...
              X