If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to the Maestro and Montego Owners Club. Why not post in the Welcome & Feedback forum and introduce yourself?
Fixing a heater on a Rover 45 is an extremely simple procedure. Jusrt remove the glovebox and sound deadining below it, then two screws hold the heater coil in. You can get these re-soilered or brand new ones for less than £15 delivered off ebay. Fit new one and away you go.
Are they both on their original boxes as they aren't exactly bulletproof gearboxes
I bought the 214GSI when 3 years old with 20k on the clock, and the 214 si 11 years old had 60k on the clock.
So I cannot be absolutely sure, but it is highly likely.
The 214GSi box broke up at 116k, and the 214si box is still going at 93k.
My name is Darren.
Home of a Maestro for 30 years. 1983(Y)Maestro 1.3 HLE (Nellie) Very poorly
1995 Rover 214SI 2004 MG ZS 120 2006 LandRover 90 TD5 2014 Volvo V40 T3 R-Design.
Fixing a heater on a Rover 45 is an extremely simple procedure. Jusrt remove the glovebox and sound deadining below it, then two screws hold the heater coil in. You can get these re-soilered or brand new ones for less than £15 delivered off ebay. Fit new one and away you go.
Not in my case, unfortunately. I discovered some charred wiring going into the connector on the motor, and somebody had already been there before with some 'chocolate block' connector strip
A rewire is planned as soon as the snow has cleared
A couple of resistor coils have also failed, but I have replacements waiting to be fitted. Funnily enough, I have three cars to do this on in total: my 25 and my wife's Streetwise have both lost speeds 1 and 2
1983 (Y) MG 1600
1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
1987 700 City 1.6 Van
1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
1990 Clubman D
1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)
Not in my case, unfortunately. I discovered some charred wiring going into the connector on the motor, and somebody had already been there before with some 'chocolate block' connector strip
A rewire is planned as soon as the snow has cleared
A couple of resistor coils have also failed, but I have replacements waiting to be fitted. Funnily enough, I have three cars to do this on in total: my 25 and my wife's Streetwise have both lost speeds 1 and 2
I find these only fail in really cold weather?
My name is Darren.
Home of a Maestro for 30 years. 1983(Y)Maestro 1.3 HLE (Nellie) Very poorly
1995 Rover 214SI 2004 MG ZS 120 2006 LandRover 90 TD5 2014 Volvo V40 T3 R-Design.
A couple of resistor coils have also failed, but I have replacements waiting to be fitted. Funnily enough, I have three cars to do this on in total: my 25 and my wife's Streetwise have both lost speeds 1 and 2
My Streetwise also only works on speeds 2, 3 & 4. Still a very warm and effective heater, though.
Mine's a 1.4 16v 103PS and I also find 5th gear a bit short, but it's not much different MPH>RPM to the 75s and MG ZT I've driven. 70 comes at around 3,200RPM while my cruising speed of 65 sits at 3k.
Comment