1987 Austin Montego 1.6HL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobby-Mel View Post
    Bought this off Russ Swift, the stunt driver..took her out for 1st drive today, a few rattles and squeaks, but hopefully get those sorted.

The wheelnut covers on the alloy wheels are very loose, so maybe thats where a few rattles are coming from...need advice on getting them off, and see if I can reinforce them..

Bob
    Seen it today at NERC Washington classic car show, I hung about for a bit and asked the couple in the Jaguar next to you who's it was but couldn't find you. I was in my maestro but wasn't showing it, was just parked on the road. Did you buy it from Russ Swift at Raby Castle by and chance? I went over to speak to him but he looked busy closing a deal on your new car so I never bothered. I remember him saying he bought one at an early show this year, normally comes over to speak he's a top bloke. He didn't keep it for long mind remember it was for sale in Aycliffe not long ago. Very clean car mind love the alloys really suit it.
    MG Maestro Turbo #500
    BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
    Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
    Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Hi, yeah I was there. First outing for the car in my ownership, got a fair bit of attraction from the public.

Yeah, I know Russ Swift didn't have it long, don't think he'd used it. It was on SORN when I got it off him.

Love the car, just a few little things to do it, when time allows, this is my second Classic Car..so time is in short supply.

Wish I'd seen your Maestro, is it the red MG one?

Bob

Comment

Or there get a lot of attention. Yes the red MG maestro turbo. When I left the show at Washington there was a group of people standing round the car so I had a bit of craic with them for a bit then when I was about to pull off a lime green RS Focus screeched to a holt next to me and asked if I had time to talk about the car, he was trying to buy it off me, happens all the time ha. Well Russ was at Raby Castle with your car on the 16th august trying to flog it, I thought he had, why I thought it might have been you, so whether he drove it there on trailered it I don't no.
        MG Maestro Turbo #500
        BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
        Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
        Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Working...
        X