Montego Mayfair 1.6 photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montego Mayfair 1.6 photos

Hey guys, Perfect timing from one of my mates who has just posted a few photos of our gold Mayfair on Flicker. Hit the link then scroll through his pictures on the right hand side of the page.
    Enjoy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33321856@N05/7825344040/

Originally posted by WeeMcE View Post
    Hey guys, Perfect timing from one of my mates who has just posted a few photos of our gold Mayfair on Flicker. Hit the link then scroll through his pictures on the right hand side of the page.
    Enjoy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33321856@N05/7825344040/
    Nice - is that the one sold on ebay recently? If I had seen these photos I would have been more tempted than I was!!
    1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
    1989 BMW 316i
    2013 BMW 320d Touring
    2014 Nissan Leaf. Shhhhhh

Treasurer
    Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Yeh got it from the bay of e. First buyer didnt trap so was relisted. I had seen it the first time round but didnt get the additional photos I asked for from the seller and it was a bit expensive. Second time round a lot more info so gave it a bash and did the 12hr round trip to Doncaster to collect it a couple of weeks ago. Really pleased with it but does need a wee bit of work and replace some bits and bobs, just what you expect. Gave it a good clean and and it looks a lot better already.

Comment

Looks great on the MGF wheels!
        I (personally) don't think the later grille suits it though

Comment

Already sorted OLI!!! bought an age appropriate new old stock grille and fitted it at the weekend. These pics were taken before we fitted it though. Looks much better now!

Comment

Like that, very nice and gold goes with brown interior
            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
            2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
            2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
            2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Very nice! Lovely looking car. Was looking at some of the other pics with the busses. That wouldnt happen to be the bus show at Lathalmond in a few photos? I love old buses. Would love an Atlantean in the Strathclyde Transport livery lol!

Comment

Quite like this thread.

Your talking about buses and montegos lol

Am restoreing leyland leopard brakedown recovery (For taybus charity) as well as my montego estate

I have no montego anymore

Comment

Yeah its great lol! That looks lovely! Hope to see it at a show some day! I remember when I was wee seeing these in the bus terminus at my folks house. Now they use the trucks to tow them away. Good luck with it and hope the montego is coming along well!

Comment

Originally posted by wee_dav View Post
                    Very nice! Lovely looking car. Was looking at some of the other pics with the busses. That wouldnt happen to be the bus show at Lathalmond in a few photos? I love old buses. Would love an Atlantean in the Strathclyde Transport livery lol!
                    Yeh it was the show mid August! We went up on the Western national owned by our friends. You can see pics of it in the flickr profile.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Anderson View Post
                      Quite like this thread.

Your talking about buses and montegos lol

Am restoreing leyland leopard brakedown recovery (For taybus charity) as well as my montego estate

That's quite a project you have there!!! Will look good once its finished.

Comment

This is and old pic, the back end is off it and the half shafts are out as well

The leaf springs are twisted from the front axle on the chassis so when it was being driven it allways had a crab motion to it.

And one of the 2nd oil return pipes on the 680.O series engine was sealed up with tiger seal, Not an ideal substance to use on a heat and pressure metal pipe made of rust.
                        I have no montego anymore

Comment

Working...
                        X