E505MDD Returns ..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E505MDD Returns ..........

Hey guys, Ok I will admit Ive been a little quiet lately but for a good reason. We are now the VERY proud owners of E505MDD (Montego Mayfair EFI). It came up for sale, I spotted it and the rest is history. She seems to have bounced about a bit and had quite a few owners but don't know why as she drives and looks great. Very little work will be required to get her in tip top condition. She arrived up in Stenhousemuir on Friday night, got a good clean inside and out, replaced the leads and headed to East Fortune on Sunday for the wings and wheels show. As some of you may be aware we had been after an EFI originally but hadn't managed to get one. We then found the gold one (D495WVL) and subsequently saved the C reg base from breaking. This does, however, leave us in the difficult situation of having one too many..... I know, how can you have too many? but the discussion is swaying between putting the gold 1.6 Mayfair into storage (if we can find some) or selling it on. If the latter it will only be sold to a fellow enthusiast as its a good example and only one of 2 still taxed. For now we can just enjoy our Austin dealership driveway until a decision is made. I've listed a few pictures in the thread for you to have a nosey through.......... Enjoy
    Attached Files

Originally posted by WeeMcE View Post
    Hey guys, Ok I will admit Ive been a little quiet lately but for a good reason. We are now the VERY proud owners of E505MDD (Montego Mayfair EFI). It came up for sale, I spotted it and the rest is history. She seems to have bounced about a bit and had quite a few owners but don't know why as she drives and looks great. Very little work will be required to get her in tip top condition. She arrived up in Stenhousemuir on Friday night, got a good clean inside and out, replaced the leads and headed to East Fortune on Sunday for the wings and wheels show. As some of you may be aware we had been after an EFI originally but hadn't managed to get one. We then found the gold one (D495WVL) and subsequently saved the C reg base from breaking. This does, however, leave us in the difficult situation of having one too many..... I know, how can you have too many? but the discussion is swaying between putting the gold 1.6 Mayfair into storage (if we can find some) or selling it on. If the latter it will only be sold to a fellow enthusiast as its a good example and only one of 2 still taxed. For now we can just enjoy our Austin dealership driveway until a decision is made. I've listed a few pictures in the thread for you to have a nosey through.......... Enjoy
    Great job - looks amazing - where was she for sale I must be looking in the wrong places! I have some drive space in Dunfermline.....
    1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
    1989 BMW 316i
    2013 BMW 320d Touring
    2014 Nissan Leaf. Shhhhhh

Treasurer
    Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Oo and is the Maestro VP based up here now - seen that in a few of your pics?
      1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
      1989 BMW 316i
      2013 BMW 320d Touring

Treasurer

Comment

Maestro VP

Yeh, the Maestro belongs to my parents they got it at the beginning of the summer. Quite nice going to shows together as you get loads of looks!! Especially liked the picture of both of them in front of the Vulcan. Could almost be a publicity shot!

Comment

Very nice like that, I remember the car for sale a few times, cracking pics aswel
          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
          2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
          2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
          2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Where the heck did THAT resurface? I was wondering only yesterday when it'd reappear...

It is a truly lovely car, as I can attest from when Steve Worsley owned it. If I'd been able to buy it straight from him, I would have done.
            Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
            E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
            H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
            J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
            L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
            OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
            PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

I have to be honest I was indeed a bit jammy with said purchase of it. I was trawling through the bay of E for parts and just did a general search under Montego in all categories. I obviously had nothing better to do and this was wrongly listed on page 20 odds. The guy had listed it through his phone so was under a sub-section of a sub-section, something obscure like other parts and accessories, other, etc. Having searched old post on here I found that this car was a nice example and quite sought after so just went for it! Now its here I'm really glad I found it as it is truly lovely and really nice to drive! Any other info about it that I should know? Does anyone know why it hasn't stayed with any particular owner?

Comment

Steve sold it after 4 months because he had cravings for a 75 and didn't want to sell D87SMW. After that it had about a million owners, no idea why!
                Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
                E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
                H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
                J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
                L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
                OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
                PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Slow View Post
                  Steve sold it after 4 months because he had cravings for a 75 and didn't want to sell D87SMW. After that it had about a million owners, no idea why!
                  I think its changed hands in the north west a couple of times - it was for sale last year - I noticed it before I was really interested in getting an example! I may be green with envy in the pub tomorrow Hazel!!
                  1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
                  1989 BMW 316i
                  2013 BMW 320d Touring

Treasurer

Comment

12 to be precise but again i'm like you..... I have no idea why.
                    It wasn't running particularly well when we got it but a few wee tweaks and a new No.2 Lead seemed to sort it. The last guy sold it as he had another Rover and didnt use this one notably with the presence of masses of green mossy stuff all over the car it hadnt been used in a while and wasn't cared for much. A good scrub and polish sorted that out though.

Comment

Originally posted by seacow View Post
                      I think its changed hands in the north west a couple of times - it was for sale last year - I noticed it before I was really interested in getting an example! I may be green with envy in the pub tomorrow Hazel!!
                      You may be a bit green but be nice to your local Austin dealer! We are your friend
                      You will get to see it in the flesh tomorrow night and if you're lucky another may join it (not decided yet)
                      A post appeared on the other forum about the meet - A couple of guys appeared tonight and wondered why no-one was there? It quite clearly says in the title Wednesday and even specifies the date in the info. Didnt even know they were coming so may have a few more turn up than first thought!

Comment

12 to be precise but again i'm like you..... I have no idea why.
                        It wasn't running particularly well when we got it but a few wee tweaks and a new No.2 Lead seemed to sort it. The last guy sold it as he had another Rover and didnt use this one notably with the presence of masses of green mossy stuff all over the car it hadnt been used in a while and wasn't cared for much. A good scrub and polish sorted that out though.
                        12 Owners! I'm sure I was about the 5th of 6th when I sold it to Worsley at the beginning of last year. I've regretted it ever since - specially in view of the way it's been from pillar to post ever since. I'm baffled as to why too - never had any serious mechanical faults with it in the 18 months I had it, always flew through it's MOT. I'm really chuffed it's gone to a 'proper' owner again now - take good care of it mate, it's a fabulous looking Monty.

Comment

Its a gorgeous car!

Me and my gramps were after it when it was first on the scene a few years ago now!, and that was with the FIRST owner!! and im sure it was on sub 20k!

Comment

Being well looked after

Thanks for the kind comments. She has been great since I got her so really have no idea why there have been so many owners. There's not much in the way of history with her so if anyone can fill me in or has any docs relating to her you can let me know. Took her into my work the other day (school) and had a bunch of my kids round it ooooing and aaaahhhing like mad. She went to the Wings and wheels show in East fortune 2 days after we got her and went down a storm. There's a wee picture of me and her in the Classic car buyer paper this week although they said the gold one is a MK2 which we know its but not to worry!

Comment

Working...
                            X