No announcement yet.

MG Maestro Turbo 400 bhp My Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks guys - plenty good info to be getting on with. My arp studs haven't arrived yet. I was just curious how to fit them.

Ian - the four corner studs will fit without modifications - however the six inners will need spacers made up for them to fit correctly. I wanted all the studs to be equal lengths for a more even clamping force across the head/block. Team78 guy wrote something about it on here. I showed my local engineer chap what he had written - seems to be genuine.

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

• MG Maestro Turbo 367 BHP !

fitted new clutch last week, so had bit of free time today so took it back to remapped

it did 367 Bhp, charge temp was starting to get high would need bigger intercooler if wanted to go more, not bad for engine built in the kitchen!

certainly quick maestro

Last edited by charliecosworth; 13th November 2014, 20:54.
      MG Maestro turbo 437
      367 Bhp

Comment

• Hi Peter - that's pretty serious stuff - I bet your pleased.

Comment

• Wow impressive figures!!! Must be mega rapid!

What boost levels are you running on thet turbo?
          So with some more cooling and a bit more boost 400bhp on the cards...

What size intercooler you running ?

Comment

• Orsm!!
            *****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
            Follow me at
            FourNineSix

Comment

• 21 psi, intercooler standard size, but all alloy.
              Could do with full width intercooler or charge cooler maybe? don't really know much about these.
              MG Maestro turbo 437
              367 Bhp

Comment

• amazing power through a standard size cooler! But tbh I can't believe you are still using it!

Comment

• Bear in mind that cooling will be much better on a real road compared to a rolling road!

Great result.

Ian
                  Ian Drew
                  MG Maestro Turbo '400'
                  MG ZT V8
                  Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

• Originally posted by charliecosworth View Post
                    21 psi, intercooler standard size, but all alloy.
                    Could do with full width intercooler or charge cooler maybe? don't really know much about these.
                    Wow on the std size cooler!
                    I would recomend a charge cooler. Very efficient. You could also still run the std cooler with it.
                    You could try and find a ford system 2nd hand....your setup would be lovely with one of these though
                    http://www.chargecooler.co.uk/index....index&cPath=72

Comment

• Was thinking charge cooler, but don't know if got space for another radiator up front
                      MG Maestro turbo 437
                      367 Bhp

Comment

• On my monty I have a ford charge cooler system along with a double width std intercooler....bit over the top I know but the cooler the better 😆

Comment

• Originally posted by charliecosworth View Post
                          Was thinking charge cooler, but don't know if got space for another radiator up front
                          That's the issue with the maestro over the monty....not as much room.

But I would favour a decent chargecooler setup over a intercooler on the maestro due to the space issues
                          Unless your going to go cutting the bumper etc out...which I'm not a fan of

Thought of water/methanol injection?

Comment

• Gerry has both a charge cooler and intercooler on his O series green maestro turbo (a neat install too I have to say!).

Saab intercooler is the cheapest upgrade, however it'll depend on what boost you are running as it may blow off the end caps at high boost. (You can use strapping to prevent this).
                            www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                            www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                            www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

• Quick pic of the Saab intercooler in place. (not an O series!)
                              www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                              www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                              www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

• Hi Peter - due to the higher amps of the Bosch 044 fuel pump did you have to use a relay circuit?

cheers

mike...

Comment

Working...
                                X