No announcement yet.

MG Maestro Turbo 400 bhp My Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well good news and bad clutch has started to slip, so turbo been backed off, still done 313 bhp, another job next week stage 2 clutch, guy was very happy how everything was and put together engine seems very strong and put out lot more power with better clutch fitted.

to say its fast is understatement !!

Last edited by charliecosworth; 12th October 2014, 15:14.
    MG Maestro turbo 437
    367 Bhp

Comment

• I knew it would go beyond 300 with work and parts you put into it. What's it like to drive then - description please.

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

• Higher rev limit may also help the power. Standard ECU's are either 6500 limit or 6700 limit (The internals are the same) so I'd consider upping the limit to 6700.
        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

• That plot looks good fun! The opel kadett looks really tidy next to your car too! that's even more rare than a maestro around here.

Comment

• new clutch now ordered, gone for paddle the price shocking !!

http://gb-ent.com/drivetrain-and-cha...16-stage-2-561

also going to change the 5th gear back to what it was, whilst it's good cruiser now on the motorway, problem is nearly doing 80mph before turbo starts to play (not on uk roads of course ) which makes lot of turbo lag.

even at the moment car is very very fast, not for faint hearted, pulls all over the road 1st 2nd 3rd torque is unreal.

will update has it comes along
            MG Maestro turbo 437
            367 Bhp

Comment

• was very lucky today, decided go out MG today noticed small amount of oil on floor in garage, checked the oil was just below the min.

looked under car seen small drip coming below bottom cambelt cover decided to take apart to find this..

oil seal just about to pop out, if i never noticed oil on floor, god knows how long before popped out all together dumped all oil and sized!
              Wouldn't of been happy 5k engine sized on motorway

did change the seal only 2 months ago, can't understand how its happened
              MG Maestro turbo 437
              367 Bhp

Comment

• Very lucky indeed. Wouldn't the fuel pump shut down with low oil pressure?

Comment

• yeah might of done, just the thought of new forged engine with £1,000 turbo even running with low oil pressure scares me.
                  MG Maestro turbo 437
                  367 Bhp

Comment

• This is fairly common when replacing the seal I'm led to believe. I think you are supposed to loctite the seal in place when fitting it.

Comment

• Hi Peter - regarding the arp studs you have fitted - do you just bolt them up to the block first - then slide head into them?

Is tightening sequence 30/60/90 ft/lb?

cheers

mike...

Comment

• o series values will be different Mike, I'd contact arp direct and ask, they must have an email address.

Comment

• Hi Phil - the arp studs I'm using for my O-series are T16. Right enough I should email them.

cheers

mike...

Comment

• Just hand tight in to block, then nip with Allan key then slide head on, not had any problems myself, they do come with instructions and apr thread lube
                            Last edited by charliecosworth; 7th November 2014, 11:46.
                            MG Maestro turbo 437
                            367 Bhp

Comment

• Lightly oil threads into the block and nip in either with double nut or allen key recess if they have them (newer T16 ones do - the old ones don't).
                              Critical to apply moly grease (or supplied lube) to the nut threads and under the nut heads as otherwise they gall on the head surface when tightening.

Comment

• Regarding using better head bolts, do T16 ones fit the O-series? I only ask as I will want some soon (hopefully) and T16 ones are more readily available.

Cheers,

Ian

ps I hope my engine will be as clean as the missus allowing me to have it in the kitchen :-)
                                Ian Drew
                                MG Maestro Turbo '400'
                                MG ZT V8
                                Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

Working...
                                X