Montego 1600L D911 UPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montego 1600L D911 UPU

Here is another Montego that I purchased from new at Smacks at Southend-on-Sea in 1987 and later part exchanged for another Montego G65 UAR in Aug 1989. Photo is on the day of collection.
    Still on the DVLA records but liability expired on 13.05 97.

Originally posted by BravoMike9 View Post
    Here is another Montego that I purchased from new at Smacks at Southend-on-Sea in 1987 and later part exchanged for another Montego G65 UAR in Aug 1989. Photo is on the day of collection.
    Still on the DVLA records but liability expired on 13.05 97.

Nice and one for sale in Bourne like that
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Sad it's no longer with us. I'd love a SMAC's Maestro or Montego, as that was my local Austin-Rover dealer and I remember lots of cars in the area with SMAC's plates and stickers. My dad's old Montego estate, F120 MVW came from there as well. Here's a bit of useless information for you, SMAC's had the contract to supply the BSM Metros in the 1980's.

Sadly the dealership on Priory Crescent was demolished recently, after standing derelict for many years and there's a new Wetherspoons currently being built on the site.
      1985 Austin Maestro 1.3 Base (B662 DVX)

Comment

Please don't tempt me Jeff!

Richard, we purchased a Rover 200 VP with a F registration and it was the worst car ever, lost a full tank of fuel on the way back from Smacks due to a split petrol tank, and had to be recovered four times from our house with failed relays and various engine problems including a warped head. My wife did not keep it long and it was returned to Smacks.

This is the culprit on day of collection, needless to say we was glad to see the back of it. And to think it cost us £11.500

Comment

Working...
        X