mg maestro 1600 opaline green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mikey v8

mikey ,remember that colour thought it was a slightly darker shade?+[ Lost in past] I think it was for sale about 4/5 month ago?
    Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

Originally posted by Lostinthepast View Post
      The other Mg Maestro, the one that the Express Valeter used to own, is not for sale. That is what the owner told me only last week. It's a pity...
      In a way that is good as I know he is an enthusiast & has really looked after this car though I was offered the chance to buy it back at the end of last year!

Comment

Originally posted by normanmg2000 View Post
        mikey ,remember that colour thought it was a slightly darker shade?+[ Lost in past] I think it was for sale about 4/5 month ago?
        Yes id say it was slightly darkerm looked good on the 216 as well!

Comment

Silk green had a tiny bit of a blue-y turquoise tinge about it. That was a rare colour, on offer during 86-87 and no MG's were finished in it.
          M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
          Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

opaline green

Anyway not as good as opaline as 2 owners at least would say? lol

Comment

This was my VP Maestro in silk green!
              Attached Files
              MG Montego efi C928TBL - Moonraker blue
              Austin Montego Mayfair C943KOE - Clove brown
              MG Maestro 2.Oi H352MOF - Black

Comment

That colour is very nice, really suits it!

Comment

Originally posted by Austin-Rover View Post
                  Opaline Green is the best colour for a 1600, closely followed by Arum White for me.
                  I don't know of any Arum White cars that have survived. Black, red, green, silver and blue - yes. But I cannot think of a white one. I would be interested if any are lurking away somewhere. Last one I saw was on eBay and in such a terrible state that I'd be surprised if it was restored. Most are broken when new owners realise the cost versus their value.

Comment

Wasn't there an Arum White one knocking around with a forum member here a few years ago - I seem to remember it had '666' as the numbers in the registration?

Comment

Originally posted by Austin-Rover View Post
                      Wasn't there an Arum White one knocking around with a forum member here a few years ago - I seem to remember it had '666' as the numbers in the registration?
                      666 is the green one in this thread. You mean 888, in fact XRR888Y.

That one is a 1st March 1983 car but sadly it hasn't been taxed since 18th September 2005. Too late to be pre-SORN so I suspect it was scrapped.

Comment

mg 1600 arum white

When I was at P O L in april a chap came up to me because mine was A666, as his had been,i remembered it as being for sale, it was A666 also, his colour was zircon blue, with a later interior, which he had for sale 6 weeks prior to P O L and sold it on E/bay.

Comment

Working...
                        X