No announcement yet.

She's Finished - We've called her "Dirty Diana"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stunning car Perry. As echoed before I really think the Maestro's time has come!

Did you fabricate the engine strut brace yourself?

Any chance of making another one?

efiman

Comment

I do like your tag line on the rear, made me chuckle :-)

Another one I once saw on the back of a V8 holden "****youandyourprius"

Nice motor.
      Ian Drew
      MG Maestro Turbo '400'
      MG ZT V8
      Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

That turned out really smart. Nice details and looks like a lot of effort went into it.

Comment

The strut brace was already on the car, but it was stripped and 2 packed. Am sure the guys at Fully Loaded Cars would make you one using mine as a pattern.

A lot of effort went into this car. The photo's do not tell even a fraction of the detail !

Thanks for the comment's guys. Makes the 5 figure sum I spent on it worthwhile !

Giving it a shakedown at Bedford Autodrome on Saturday 3rd of May if anyone wants to see Dirty Diana in the flesh.

Perry

Comment

A real mean machine! Hope it goes as good as it looks. If I was local to Bedford I would certainly love to see it in action. Will certainly turn some heads.

Comment

It handles like it's on rails thanks to the adjustable coilovers. The engine has some decent power, but it's not staying. It's there for some shakedown. A little squirt of laughing gas will scare most away anyhow !

I am looking at several options for engines; a Maestro turbo motor, or maybe a later 16v Twin Cam Rover job with a Turbo or I have a Honda S2000 screamer lying around and possibly might go the Honda Route - nothing better than 9,000 rpm at full chat !

Any larger engine space and a Small Block Chevrolet would be in it !

P

Comment

Originally posted by n2oxide View Post

I am looking at several options for engines; a Maestro turbo motor, or maybe a later 16v Twin Cam Rover job with a Turbo or I have a Honda S2000 screamer lying around and possibly might go the Honda Route - nothing better than 9,000 rpm at full chat !

P
                You need to stick the Honda engine in it.... That would be orsom!
                *****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
                Follow me at
                FourNineSix

Comment

Yes, I think so. My heart says HONDA !
                  I think I'll keep her as it is for now; I have a few small jobs, use it for the next year until I finish off some other projects and then the Honda Screamer will go in it. What I don't want to do is immobilise the car now it's done and Summer is coming.

I'll wait till after the NEC show in November. Would perhaps MMOC want her on stand ?

Perry

Comment

A little update chaps. Been busy rebuilding my G32 but that's almost done. In the intervening time, I have bought a Rover 600 Turbo 16 with ultra low miles. I've used it as a spare car for a couple of years and it does not miss a beat, goes like stink and is sadly going to have to donate it's engine to the Maestro...

Comment

"hey that's a regular hot rod you got there sunny" as they say in the USA,nice job matey

Comment

Great to see

Comment

Working...
                        X