Pooh Too - Clove Brown Maestro Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pooh Too - Clove Brown Maestro Auto

OK, to start off, it's name explained! We had a late 70s brown Maxi which my daughter named Pooh after the 70s fluffy seat covers (not the colour!), as the Maestro is in a similar shade of brown and had fluffy-ish sun visors we have named it "Pooh Too"!

It's a 1.6 Auto, first registered in May 1986 and kept by that owner (a lady owner!) for 12 months before being sold on to Sydney who kept if for 24 years, and, as the advert said, was responsible for the super original condition! It was off the road for about 9 years before being put back on in 2012, though it's didn't do a lot of miles with it's third owner. I then bought it and intend to take it to local shows.

Detail-wise, it's in a fetching shade of Clove Brown, all very original, and very little touching up (just a couple of spots I can see). The original owner, bless her, added PAS to the original specification for which my daughter is extremely grateful, other than that it's pretty much standard. Sydney also added an aftermarket sunroof and kindly left the original instructions for it! It hasn't much in the way of history, the first few years then nothing except the odd receipt, fairly typical I recon...

It did the 140 miles or so back from Lincolnshire without any problems at a steady 60/65 doing about 30 or so mpg, bit early to work out that accurately though. I fitted 4 new tyres this morning as the front two were beginning to crack and the rear two were 1992 vintage (I have the receipt!), handling was much improved!

One job that will need to be done is an oil leak coming from the cambelt end of the engine, it left a puddle on the tyre fitter's floor so needs to be done. To be fair I was told about this before buying, but as everything else had been done decided to get it and see... Anyone any idea what it is before I give it to my friendly mechanic (who has already given it the once over!)?

Other than that it's all set to go and Gael can't wait to drive it again, I met her from work and she promptly gave me her car keys for her Fabia and grabbed Pooh's and drove it home - no messing!!

Some photos:

Front and back!

Interior:

Boot:

1992 vintage Pirrelli P4:

Comes up rather well that colour. Very nice indeed and a good history
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Looks really nice. Great colour combination exterior/interior.

Comment

That's beautiful! (Pooh-tiful?) I love the beige/brown interior too. Could be that a crankshaft oil seal has gone maybe or the sump plug washer is past its best?? Or maybe there is a leak on the PAS pump/pipes/unions or the PAS cooler pipe has corroded (looks like a trombone pusher-inner-outer thingy shaped pipe at the front of the sump). S-Series engines are notorious oil leakers but they can be made to be reasonably oil tight with patience and care.
        M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
        Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

re maestro

looks a nice motor a bonus having the power steering as well when parking up.enjoy your maestro

Comment

Thanks, Simon, will get him to look at it and we'll see. What i don't want is any oil getting on the cambelt!

Comment

Booked in to go up on the ramp tomorrow to have a look-see to find out what is leaking, and (hopefully) fix!

Comment

very tidy
                MG Maestro turbo 437
                367 Bhp

Comment

Working...
                X