Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've started a new thread for the Ace Cafe event here:
    http://www.maestro.org.uk/forums/sho...829#post146829

plse use this one for any more discussion on this topic.

Comment

• After brunch the Ace Cafe, (all welcome), on Saturday, (10th), and a gander of Tony Fowke's workshop, what next for the Africa Maestro?

I suggested to the Membership Sec of the Club that via the car's sponsors we provide the dosh to take a club stand at the NEC Classic Car Show at the end of the year. Got no response to that one.

Im talking to Gaydon - they might display it this summer on pole-position by the main entrance with an information board on its exploits. Im seeing some film shot on the event tomorrow that might be a suitable chunk of entertainment on a loop going out on a nearby monitor screen. All of which takes a bit of planning. Lots of chances for the car to go on show somewhere this summer....ideas, anyone? The car ideally ought to end up in a friendly museum.

Comment

• Great idea to get it on the club stand at the NEC classic car show. They'd be mad not to take the opportunity I reckon

Sorry for the delay in pics, I've been away from base for a week.

Hope these sexy shots make up for it!
        Attached Files
        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

• We've applied for the NEC show back at the begining of January... Its down on the list of events...

its also free to display at the NEC - providing your club is accepted; we're still waiting for confirmation of our place.
          CURRENT FLEET:
          1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
          1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
          1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
          2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
          1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

• Nice one! I'd love to join in with a Club stand at the NEC if poss. It would be fantastic to display at this show.

I agree that the Africa maestro ought to go into a Museum if poss (provided it still comes out to do displays, demos or even future events as required -it shouldn't just be a museum piece).

The organisers of the Race Retro show were VERY keen to have the Africa Maestro and my ex Tony Pond circuit Maestro 1.6 together at Race Retro, so this is one for 2013 and beyond. I also met Pablo Raybould at the show and encouraged him to get his ex Pond rally Maestro 2.0 back together and with our display for next year's Race Retro (hopefully also accumulating any other ex Austin Rover/BL competition cars that can expand the display).
            Last edited by John C; 2nd March 2012, 11:45.

Comment

• http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUSTIN-MAE...item2a1a731149

Looking for an exhaust valve, here is a complete head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Philip Young View Post
                I suggested to the Membership Sec of the Club that via the car's sponsors we provide the dosh to take a club stand at the NEC Classic Car Show at the end of the year. Got no response to that one.
                Actually, you did. I wrote:

"Thanks for the offer of sponsoring the stand at the NEC - I think the idea is still in the works. I believe we have applied for a stand for 2012, but not for 2013 if that's what you mean? "

Your message mentioned 'next year', but was sent in February, hence the question about the year.

My reply was sent on the 15th of Feb, in response to your question of where to send a cheque for membership.

Comment

• Let's all hope we are going to get a good crowd of Maestros and Montegos on Saturday morning - the London to Cape Town Maestro is now in Felixstowe docks, and will be given a wash and brush up and then go on display at the Ace Cafe, North Circular Road, where we all hope to enjoy a late breakfast on Saturday ( thats this Saturday, 10th) before going on to the Tony Fowkes workshop nearby where we can all crawl under the ramp and see what the car has endured, and listen to the stories from Jane and Gill.

Comment

• Hi Philip,

I have Just put our Black MG Maestro back on the road, ready for saturday.

Depending on how the other half is feeling, I might yet get the white one ready too!.

Mal.

Comment

• Well done Mal !..... Can hardly celebrate the success of this venture without you! So, with John C's that could be three Maestros rocking up then....

Comment

• Latest update: John Cotton (Gill's other half), and Tony Fowkes went up to Felixstowe and drove the Maestro back to the workshop in Park Royal - they are minded to leave the mud and grime on it (but surely some has washed off in the rain on the way back, John?)

John reports they put air into the tyres, topped it up with proper petrol, and drove it home "with no rattles, and running straight". No comment about the running on three cylinders bit, so I guess we can all get to the bottom of that one when the combined forces of Maestro Expertise gets a good gander over our Chesse Omelette and Cocoa at the Ace Cafe on Saturday.

Comment

• Sounds like the valve was stuck/sticking due to contaminated fuel?

I'm sure we will get to the bottom of it tomorow.

So, is there really only going to be 3 maestro's tomorow???

Seems to me that whith so much interest, there would be more than 3

Comment

• I'd love to come for a look, but it's just too far for me

Sent from the museum of BL tat using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by F825 UBD View Post
                              but it's just too far for me
                              It was a great experience to see Nr. 15 in front of the Ace Cafe and all worth it to travel from our place.
                              Back home the Van had done 1000km's for 40 liters of diesel.
                              Fantastic to speak with all involved with this Cape Town Rally Maestro project and to do a wondering tour under and over the Maestro with comments from Philip, Tony and of course the ladies Gill and Jane and their supports.
                              Thanks everybody for the perfect organistion of this event !
                              Last edited by Piggy Bank; 14th March 2012, 09:59.

Comment

• Africa Rally Maestro progress thread

it was indeed well organised, and nice to meet like minded people, and glad to hear you both had a safe journey back to the netherlands, hopefully the africa car will be working like new again soon and can possibly attend some other meets etc.. regards ricky
                                home of the "mad maestro"
                                rover sterling kv6 and four tailpipes on lenso rs5's
                                1935 Morris 18/6 being rejuvenated with xj6 parts

Comment

Working...
                                X