BLOG MY RIDE: ex 'Austin Rover Rally Sprint' MG Maestro 1600 - Car C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John C View Post
    I've just checked and it works OK on my computer -anyone else having problems?

You have to download the word doc that I attached in my post and then open it up.
    Yes I did this but still not opening.

Comment

Worked fine on mine, assuming that there are supposed to be just 3 pictures. I was using Word 2010.

Ian
      Ian Drew
      MG Maestro Turbo '400'
      MG ZT V8
      Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

Car is coming down to BUCKS on Fri 27 Feb to go into storage, unless anyone has any better ideas for it?

Comment

The car is now indoors in storage as of exactly a week ago. I'm sorry to say that it was in a very bad state when it arrived; it was heavily vandalised by youths at the school (including all glass from the rear door forwards smashed out completely).

4x Tyres blown up to 30psi [front o/s flat, others approx 10psi]. Suspension arms chocked up with bricks/wood to support car when tyres go flat.

Shift car over to side of workshop with a trolley jack & put on bricks
          Remove sump guard

Today I retrieved the following parts from the car:
          1. All spares/new parts etc. -put in a thick clear poly bag and brought home
          2. Autodata Maestro manual (the Haynes manual was ruined by water in the other Maestro by the time that it came back brom Lunar Racing)
          3. There were 3.5 pairs of the new FERODO race brake pads in this car (so 1 pair (i.e half a set) appear to have been lost -probably by Lunar Racing, who received 4 sets according to my records). Although 1 packet says 'Racing' and the other 2 packets only say 'High Performance' the code numbers/part numbers/ 'compound number' appear to be identical.

The alloy sump guard is still fitted to it. The only parts left inside the car are bits removed from it e.g. seats (loose), wing mirror(s), front bumper/grille, headlights, bits of interior trim & a green extinguisher (pressure low and partway down into the Red zone).

I would still like to offer this car to anyone who would be willing to undertake to restore it, but it's not for the faint hearted -a full rebuild will be required.
          Last edited by John C; 3rd July 2015, 11:23.

Comment

Another FERODO brake pad has turned up.

Comment

Working...
            X