No announcement yet.

1994 Clubman D - Rust 2 Rome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since i have put the car back on the road at the start of May, i have done just over 500 miles, more or less trouble free, few rattles to sort but its just how i remember it last year,

Comment

Good luck! I'm doing a wacky rally in a few weeks, unfortunately not in a Maestro. Saying that, the car is only going one-way so at least there's one less Alfa and one more Maestro on the road....
      Ian Drew
      MG Maestro Turbo '400'
      MG ZT V8
      Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

We made it to Rome & back without too many incidents.

The car performed well, we did have a few small hiccups however. The thermostat gasket blew dropping most of the water from the engine, so a cereal box gasket was made high up in the alps before crossing the French/Italian border, this temp fix till we got to the campsite was left in place and is still doing its job 2500 miles later! The CV boot also burst along the way, a temp sticky boot was fitted, but this also parted company, resulting in running the shaft dry from Paris-Rome-Scotland, slight knock now, but will repack with grease and should be fine! we reached a grand old speed of 91mph on the Autobahn!

The biggest problem tho, was 20 miles from Rome, a fellow competitor rear ended us in there Ford Ka, luckily we were all ok, some road side repairs & both cars were on the road again & made the Rome checkpoint about an hour late, both cars made it home.

Iam now looking for parts to repair the shell, anything considered

Some photo's:

Prompt photo at Pisa, the police didnt like us stopping in the road for this one!

Traffic jam in Austria

Parked up for the night in Amsterdam

Nurburgring, fantastic place, Truck GP was on, we were drawing some attention as we drove around!

Milau Viaduct - Tallest bridge in the World

The Damage caused by the shunt

Comment

Legends!

The car looks good -I presume the Fiat's insurer will pay to straighten it out again?

Comment

Working...
          X