Maestro 4 branch manifold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro 4 branch manifold?

New to all this forum stuff so please bare with me! I have a 2.0 early ( oil pump and filter at front of block) efi maestro rally car which im returning/restoring to competition use. Can any one tell me of a company who makes a 4 branch manifold or is it something i will have to manufacture myself?? Also what kind of CR do you race guys have? I currently have 10:1 but not the engine im used to playing with so looking for a little guidence. I have not figured out how to add pictures yet but help is on its way.
    Thanks for any help!!

This is the car in question... hopefully a picture is attached
    Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Good to see another rally car coming back out. Are you planning on stage rallying?

I haven't dealt with the efi engine much so cant really help you there but im sure someone else will know.

I have some pictures of this car in competition taken from a for sale ad as I was at one time thinking of buying this car. I can dig them out if you like.

Ross

Comment

Hi Ross, Didnt think anyone was going to reply.... about to give up on forum's. Im comfortable with a welder and a grinder, spanners and hammers, but PC's are not realy my thing.
        Stage rallying is where its heading. Having sold my previuos rally car 5 years ago, i had been rallying for 15 years, i was on the lookout for something suitable.... and up she popped! been stood for over 12 years and now the resurection is comencing. Would love to see any photos you have
        Ive started with the head... countless hours with a die grinder to match the ports to a later mems inlet as i beleive more torque is achievable with it, but hey, only the rollers will tell.
        Thanks
        Neil
        Attached Files

Comment

Dont worry, this forum is full of real enthusiasts and good people. Quite a few of us are into the tuning/motorsport side of things as well.

Im guessing down in England? Im in the scottish tarmac rally championship in my maestro. Theres no other maestros competing up here.

Thats a good effort with the head! Did have an efi briefly and I remember being surprised at how torquey it was

Ill look for the photos tomorrow

Comment

Here you go

Comment

thats great Ross, thank you!!
              My younger sister informs me that i should introduce myself to the forum?? so here gooes... Hi ,im Neil... Love motorsport, been rallying for 20 years, work aholic, cant spell, hate computers and love metal! pictures of cars attached (i Hope)Now thats out of the way a,m still looking for some advice on CR? Making a four branch seems the only way forward so here it goes. What suspension set up do you run Ross?
              Attached Files

Comment

That mini looks a lot of fun. What engine did you run?

I have fully adjustable leda coilovers. Running gaz coilovers on the back just now until I rebuild the Leda rears.

My build thread is here : http://www.maestro.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=19830

Comment

The mini was 1380 stage 5 full race spec, owned over 10 years.... broke my heart to sell but at the time had to. THe daily driver is the rover, the mx5 is just a little toy whilst maestro is revived. The Saab is.... well,just a part of me and always will be and the bike is for the odd occation we get a nice suuny day! HA!
                  Attached Files

Comment

After many enquireis it appears what im looking for is not available. The second reason for the MEMS inlet is that the ports are far enough apart to allow for a branch manifold, withbmm's to spare. Flanges first and i hope it all fits?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Well Ross, Im very humble after seeing your thread on the build of your car! I feel a trip north on the cards for a little spectating when your next out. A little further on with the flanges and more die grinding.
                      Attached Files

Comment

pieces of exhaust kept for 20 years are now coming in handy... starting to take shape.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nice motors there. I really like the saab.

Impressed with the manifold so far! Good effort

Comment

Not sure if they are still available, but moto-build used to do big bore down pipes for the 2.0 manifold. Apparently the standard cast manifold is very efficient and really only needs decent downpipes

Comment

They said the same about the manifold on the 1600 R series engine. They did try a 4 branch but didnt make much difference apparently. Cant see it making no difference at all though. The standard ones cant be that good

Comment

Working...
                              X