No announcement yet.

Maestro 4 branch manifold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think in the early eighties Austin rover had a bit of a wiz designing manifolds. I'd forgotten about the R series one but the metro one was pretty good for standard outputs especially on the 998

Comment

Hi Russ, had looked at what moto build, and other companies, had to offer but for me this will be a project/build/resurection on a tight budget.... if its something i can fabricate myself and it takes weeks and only gains 1 hp then im a happy man Can buy Y piece sections but none i found to be short or close enough together to fit where i wanted so homemade is the way forward. Once the manifold is made ill move on to the rest of the exhaust. The head has been on and off numerous times but is slowly getting there.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks like it will be better than anything you could buy if there was anything available!

Great work!
        *****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
        Follow me at
        FourNineSix

Comment

That fabricated manifold looks absolutely fantastic

Comment

I was told by quite a few people back in the day that the standard O series manifold with a big bore down pipe was hard to beat hence no 4 branch manifolds. I am in Lancashire as well if I can be of any help with anything.

David
            My Car Story

http://www.maestro.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=20252

Comment

Really looking forward to getting this on the rollers to see if it is all worth while! jetex silencers are ordered and hopefully all assembled next week :-) On the lookout for an early 2.0 efi short motor, alt at the back, oil filter at front, block, pistons, crank( preferably std without a grind) and flywheel for some development work if any one knows of one??
              Attached Files

Comment

I have an early rear alternator 2.0 But it was not efi and it is not standard bore or I doubt crank but it is cheap and in Lancashire if you want it.

David
                My Car Story

http://www.maestro.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=20252

Comment

Hi David, yup im interested, going to try and send you a pm but im not good with this pc stuff so please bare with me.

Comment

Finally got some time to myself at the weekend and managed to get the exhaust all tacked ready to weld then hanger brackets is all thats left exhaust wise. Once again bits of exhaust kept for 20 odd years that ive cursed falling over have now become usefull :-)
                    Attached Files

Comment

Excellent work there. Just remember you need a join in the mid to back piece so you can thread it over the rear beam otherwise fitting it will be a sod to do I think.

I wish I had that many exhaust bits lying around in my garage. I still need to make myself an exhaust for my van.

What are the noise regs for you? You may find you can ditch the middle box if they aren't too strict.
                      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Hello Mr E T V, noise used to be 102db but not competed for 5 years now... 2015 licence and year book is in the post to me as we speak :-) gone for 2 silencers to be on the safe side, however... its gone if im somewhere close. The pictures dont show but i have a join about 8 inches behind the back box quite rightly as you pointed out, to allow assembly.... something i found the hard way when fabricating the manifold.

Comment

Looks great. I find making exhausts really enjoyable. Your manifold looks like you need to drop the subframe to fit it? Does look good though

Comment

Hi Ross, its like a rubix cube.... will only fit one way, up a little with one down and left with the other... lots of swearing and it fits with subframe in place ;-) I havnt read all the threads but am guessing your the guy to ask.....?? after many a discussion, will the torsen diff, from 220 turbo/820 and so on, go straight into the maestro box?? or is it mith?

Comment

Yes it'll fit. You'll need to swap the speedo ring (if you want the speedo to work) and possibly the crownwheel on it if different number of teeth, but yes it does fit.
                              www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                              www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                              www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

A little more time at the weekend so exhaust now welded with hangers and ready to fit. some ebay shopping has given good results in form of a 34k mile torsen diif and a miss spelt advertised brand new rad :-) I am assuming the tensioner pictuered is impossible to get hold of after seeing a thread on a pinto converted/modified one???? as mine has rather too much play in it:-(?? Also on the hunt for a front scuttle panel.... i can for see this being fabricated as again seems impossible to locate? And finally, still hunting for an early 2.0 efi block... if there is any out there?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X