RIMMERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIMMERS

They have totaly muck things up.Firstly they send me the part of which i have deliverd some miles away to be fitted.I was told later that its the wrong part.I then contact Rimmers to let them know ill will want an exchange and to send the correct part to the mechanics address some 25 miles away to save my fuel.They took down the deatails and read it back to me.Now ive recieved a despatch email saying the delivery is my address
    Sure & steadfast.
    BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
    1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
    1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Parcel arrived 7.30 am this morning but only sent one bearing instead of two
    Sure & steadfast.
    1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

do it all on line and they are very good. i have never had a problem.
      They overchanged me once due to a mistake with the pricing on the site. Payed the advertised £3, but was charged £30, which was the real retail price. I queryed this and they refunded me so i only payed the oraiganl advisted price. very nice and proper of them i think

Comment

I must admit, never had a problem with them. As with Henocsr, I've always bought from the web site.
        Ian Drew
        MG Maestro Turbo '400'
        MG ZT V8
        Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

I've bought a number of things from Rimmer Brothers, always on line and never had a negative experience.

Comment

Ive delt with them since they started with triumph parts and never had any problems and somtime if you carnt find the part listed online you have to phone to be sure as theres so many superseeded parts nos and there the ones that should know.
            Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Am allways put off by rimmers for there prices.

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID010751

So I tend to use e-bay and for sale/wanted on this forum
              I have no montego anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Anderson View Post
                Am allways put off by rimmers for there prices.

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID010751

So I tend to use e-bay and for sale/wanted on this forum
                I do the same generaly as i agree about rimmers prices but sometime you just have to pay up if other sources are drying up .
                Sure & steadfast.

Comment

there prices are good when to come to think that the parts are brand new. list price for a door is £400 they are selling for £100.

Comment

There prices have had to reflect the need and there none selling lines as there has been plenty of doors avalable from other sources that were cheaper in recent years like MGMal.
                    Sure & steadfast.

Comment

I tend to use them as a last resort mainly due to their postage costs. My last querry for parts was £6.75 & postage was £7.22. I weighed the part I had and the cost was £1.25....so where did the other £6 come from just for a bloody envelope
                      Ebay, local factor and main dealers come well before rimmers, a sad reflection on the business, I know they need to make a profit...but not at my expense they don't. I have bought over £200 on parts and spares in recent times, something I think they would like to have in their tills rather than some others till.

Comment

yes i agree on the postage costs. theyseem to have gone up alot. They dont used royal mail so not effected by stamp price

Comment

Rimmers Bros have just sent me £30 for the inconveiniance:cool.
                          Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Never had any problems with Rimmers and never had to pay any postage as I live quite close. Have picked up parts for various friends and dropped them off if i'm passing.
                            They are also slowly increasing the parts available for MMM, I think their prices are reasonable so can't do any wrong imo.
                            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                            2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                            2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                            2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

rimmers are a great company, never had a problem, good prices and good people.
                              CURRENT FLEET:
                              1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
                              1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
                              1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
                              2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
                              1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X