New BL Shed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New BL Shed

Not that there's any space on the driveway for it...this Princess was deposited by my friendly recovery man this afternoon.

It's a 2200 HLS Manual that's been off the road since 2002. Originally a civic car for Bradford MBC and then bought in '89 by the council fleet manager - who I got it from - for use by his father in law.

Its got rotten rear arches, rotten sills (at the back at least, maybe more) an iffy looking suspension mount at the rear and front doors seemingly from an Ambassador.

It may stay or may not...it depends what horrors we find.
    Attached Files

Its sitting a bit low on the suspension....I wonder if the shocks have pushed straight in through the body ?
    Last edited by blue bullet; 31st October 2012, 18:13.

Comment

Originally posted by blue bullet View Post
      Its sitting a bit low on the suspension....I wonder if the shocks have pushed straight in through the body ?
      No shocks fitted to a Princess, it has Hydragas (or Hydrasag in this case ) the same as an Allegro, Metro, MGF etc. A few minutes spent with the correct pump will bring it back up to the correct height.

Nice find, Rich
      1983 (Y) MG 1600
      1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
      1987 700 City 1.6 Van
      1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
      1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
      1990 Clubman D
      1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

Originally posted by digital efi View Post
        Nice find, Rich
        A find indeed! Perhaps I need to get noseying around for a stash of Princess parts? eBay seems devoid of particularly useful stuff...like body and trim parts.

Comment

Yikes - your garage has turned into a wedge

Comment

really impressed with that... it looks really good in black, new arches etc shouldn't be too much trouble
            CURRENT FLEET:
            1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
            1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
            1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
            2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
            1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

Shame it's in such a state, if it was really tidy I'd be drooling!

I do think you've badly misplaced the plot, though...
              Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
              VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
              J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Is this one of the 'special six' limited edition, they were late model black cars

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                  Is this one of the 'special six' limited edition, they were late model black cars
                  Similar to a Special Six, I suppose. This is just a 'normal' one though. The Special Six was based on the 2200 HLS, but were all automatics. They were a special edition to try and shift some 2200 engined Princesses whilst the manual versions were off sale for lunching driveshafts and they only had automatics to sell.

Comment

Heck of lot of welding etc need there from the looks of it Rich, as for the Ammbasador doors, weren't they the same as a Princess?
                    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
                      Heck of lot of welding etc need there...
                      Yes, I know. Hopefully this weekend it'll get a proper look over (seats and carpet out) to see just how much welding there is to be done. Then there's finding somewhere to put it if it is deemed viable so it can wait its turn to be done...

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                        Nope its not but I have one of those could be up for sale if you want to make a good one of the 2

Bob

Comment

If you get this sorted, three webber dcnf's from mg1600s may fit

Comment

Russ: NAUGHTY

Note to self: Must keep reminding Doug of this fact.
                            Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
                            E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
                            H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
                            J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
                            L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
                            OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
                            PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

Originally posted by mgt16 View Post
                              Nope its not but I have one of those could be up for sale if you want to make a good one of the 2
                              Methinks a spares car to make one good one wouldn't be a bad idea at all in the long run. Stuff for Princesses seems to be thin on the ground!

Comment

Working...
                              X