No announcement yet.

New BL Shed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuff for Princesses IS thin on the ground. There's one or two folks that hoarde parts and charge a fortune for them. Best bet seems to repair as much as you can. Panels are available, but generally you have to do a lot of searching at Autojumbles, clubs and the like rather than eBay and the stuff that yours will need is usually what they all need.

Imagine my problems having recently crashed mine. I'll be getting her fixed, but it's looking more and more likely I'll be straightening out bent panels rather than buying replacements, simply down to the excessive price of replacement parts.

Comment

Good cheese shaped save Rich! welcome to the club

Comment

Had the suspension pumped up yesterday, and today we got the engine to run! It's very noisey with no exhaust pipe to speak of, but it seems to run rather well considering.

Comment

Wedge-tastic! Looks very refined in black (special order colour at the time).

I remember the day the 18/22 series (as it was called then) was announced. The BBC1 Midlands daytime programme "Pebble Mill At One" did a feature on them and my dad hired one soon afterwards, but he didn't like it as much as the Maxi HL that he had at the time because the Wedge didn't have either the hatchback or the 5 speed gearbox that he was used to.
          M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
          Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Very nice, I still wish I never sold my black Ambassador way back when, but it just wasn't doing the job with the girls. Doesn't look to bad, if you are interested in a donor car I may be able to put you on to one that is local and apparently in quite OK nick.

Comment

Dug the Princess out of the snow today for a bit of work. Over the last few weeks we've gathered together a complete exhaust system. Today it was attached to the car using some correct new hanging straps sourced from our motor factors. I also had the dashpots off the two carburettors to give the needles and jets a clean out. The car would idle previously, but would not rev up. This is now cured and it runs pretty well considering time stood out of use. Aside from some exhaust blows, the engine sounds lovely and smooth and with the cleaned out carburettors, it's now capable of moving under its own power!

Comment

re princess

any pictures of your princess?

Comment

Forgot to add before that I've also sourced plenty of interior trim bits, including two front seats from a very rotten donor car. More rotten that my own Princess I might add!

Picture below taken today of the Princess now with pumped up suspension, and a picture of the donor car that yielded interior trim (Parked up in 1983 with 20,000 miles on the clock and not touched since!).
                  Attached Files

Comment

princess

i recognise that driveway, it had a maestro on it last time i visited.
                    Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

Princess memories

Originally posted by Simon View Post
                      I remember the day the 18/22 series (as it was called then) was announced. .
                      For export only the Princess name was used no 18/22 or other brand names did appaer. Here some old archive photo's from the late '76 launch and early
                      '77 Amsterdam motor show.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for sharing Piggy Bank, that's some excellent photos there!

Comment

A few Princess clearance parts here.
                          http://www.mcc-buy.com/austin_car_parts_car_spares.php

Comment

Working...
                          X