Is John Orrell okay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is John Orrell okay?

Is John Orrell, owner of Maestro MG Turbo No. 396 and 502 okay, as I have not seen any posts from him for quite a while?

He normally posts a comment at least evey couple of days.

Originally posted by David3500 View Post
    Is John Orrell, owner of Maestro MG Turbo No. 396 and 502 okay, as I have not seen any posts from him for quite a while?

He normally posts a comment at least evey couple of days.
    I was thinking the same about Sean (MGTurbo261) yesterday?

Comment

John as far as I'm aware is still very much alive and well, I've seen him in recent weeks.
      Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
      VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
      J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

John posts on the ZT/75 owners club, Sean posts a lot on MG Rover forums
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
        2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

I am here...thanks for asking
          I do visit once a week or so to see what's going on.
          I've not had a Maestro on the road since the end of Summer, so since then I haven't had anything to constructively contribute
          I've not been on the 75/ZT forum much recently either. Between you, me and the gatepost, while the (75/ZT) Club does have some great, friendly and helpful members, I find that one or two people in shall we say 'positions of power and influence' have their heads shoved firmly up their arses, so I tend to only post if I need help with something.
          Regards
          John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
          MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Originally posted by G51 NAV View Post
            so I tend to only post if I need help with something.
            You and me both... it doesn't have quite the same community feel of this place, does it?

And remember - you don't have to have a Maestro or Montego on the road to be welcome here

Comment

Glad to hear you are okay John. I know what you mean about another forum. I do post on there quite regularly (I have a different user name) and find that most members are actually very nice and enthusiastic. But, as you say, it only takes one or two to dilute the enthusiasm.

I see the MMOC as a group of enthusiasts who I would happily sit down with for a friendly chat over afternoon tea and cake and not feel intimidated if I didn't agree with someone. So many people with different levels of enthusiasm and knowledge about specific variants which collectively, makes this a friendly place to be.

By the way, and on a different subject, under my username I am listed as a '1.3L', what does this mean? And how can I change it to a 2.0i?
              Last edited by David3500; 22nd November 2012, 09:53.

Comment

By the way, and on a different subject, under my username I am listed as a '1.3L', what does this mean? And how can I change it to a 2.0i?
                David,

The user ranks are set according to post count - the more you post the better spec you get You should be able to override this in your profile if you wish to have your own title, though.

Cheers,
                Chris

Comment

Glad to hear you are okay John. I know what you mean about another forum. I do post on there quite regularly (I have a different user name) and find that most members are actually very nice and enthusiastic. But, as you say, it only takes one or two to dilute the enthusiasm.

I see the MMOC as a group of enthusiasts who I would happily sit down with for a friendly chat over afternoon tea and cake and not feel intimidated if I didn't agree with someone. So many people with different levels of enthusiasm and knowledge about specific variants which collectively, makes this a friendly place to be.
                  I agree. It's amazing what you learn off people, what they have achieved etc etc and most people are willing to share their knowledge and experience for the greater good and also willing to listen. The fact that someone's welfare is being cared about on here, speaks volumes about this community.
                  M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
                  Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

john orrel

john ,i thought you had only gone quiet since posting that profile picture,a few months ago lol, [just across the water]
                    Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

Working...
                    X