Metro 500 vp ever seen one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oli View Post
    And IIRC they all had the registration beginning H57 followed by the winners initials? Correct me if i'm wrong?
    I think you have confirmed why I did not win one of these Metro 'Heinz' editions - my initials are DAM. When I spoke to the DVLA about a cherished registration number plate I wanted to buy (V8 DAM), I was told I could not be allocated it because my initials could be seen as being offensive. In other words, a division three expletive! I did mention that 'that' word ends in a letter 'n', although she said those were the rules and 'DAM' registrations were not being offered.

Comment

D4M VB? It's contrived but can be made to look right...
      Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
      E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
      H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
      J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
      L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
      OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
      PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

Originally posted by David3500 View Post
        I think you have confirmed why I did not win one of these Metro 'Heinz' editions - my initials are DAM. When I spoke to the DVLA about a cherished registration number plate I wanted to buy (V8 DAM), I was told I could not be allocated it because my initials could be seen as being offensive. In other words, a division three expletive! I did mention that 'that' word ends in a letter 'n', although she said those were the rules and 'DAM' registrations were not being offered.
        As a native of Wiltshire, where the 'AM' combo originates from, I can confirm that 'DAM' was never issued even back in the days when registrations were allocated by the local council. I guess DVLA have just continued that 'tradition'
        1983 (Y) MG 1600
        1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
        1987 700 City 1.6 Van
        1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
        1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
        1990 Clubman D
        1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

It was mentioned in an earlier post that vp500's had twin exhausts. They and normal vp metros had a strange exhaust that emerged in the normal place but then wrapped round the spare wheel well doubled back for the tail pipe to be on the opposite side to normal

Comment

Working...
          X