Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F915-NWC 1300 Maestro Special Seeking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F915-NWC
    2 litre turbo transplant
    Youre what? 13-14 turbo transplant!!!! you will have to be what to get insurance 25, By the time you can afford it no one will mod novas not even barryboys.
    MG Maestro Turbo #500
    BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
    Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
    Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

daddy said , im aloud it when the maestros gone ..

Comment

Nova?????

Originally posted by F915-NWC
        daddy said , im aloud it when the maestros gone ..
        I thought the whole purpose of selling the Maestro was to create space??

PS: Don't go for a Nova whatever you do, it'll be as common as cow cr*p in a field. And It's a cr*p car anyhow.
        Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
        VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
        J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisM
          And did it say 'Steptoe and Son' on the side? :laugh:
          LMFAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't care what your "daddy" (wtf?) says, you won't find ANYONE willing to insure you to drive a two-litre Turbo Nova unless you're over 18 with some NCB. Even then it will be WELL INTO the thousands. You'd be considered too high a risk. Or are you just gonna be a total prick and just tell them it's a one-litre poverty-spec model? They're wise to tricks like that, too. If you have (let alone cause) an accident in a heavily-modded motor, that your insurance company thinks is a 950cc shopping trolley, they'll screw your ass so hard the only thing you'll ever be able to insure yourself to drive before you're 40 will be an electric mobilty wheelchair :laugh:
          Regards
          John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
          MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Hehehe

:laugh: :laugh: Nice one G51 .

It's actually quite hard to suggest a car for you to buy , as it's not wise to let you loose with a Maestro (says the guy who's about to turn one into a Monstro), after what we've already seen.

If you have to buy a Nova, buy a late base model. There's one in my street and it's not too bad TBH. That also means 'don't put a 2.0 Turbo engine in!' for reasons G51 NAV rather explicitly explained.

I know I've got a 2.0i and I'm not ashamed, but I'm not using it as my first car on the road as that would be sil... Sod it, I'm wasting my time.
            Steve Worsley

Comment

Originally posted by F170 GGT
              It's actually quite hard to suggest a car for you to buy
              How about an old Fiat Panda
              Regards
              John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

What should Graham buy?

Yugo 45, try and modify one of those buggers.

Oh no, what have I just said!?
                Steve Worsley

Comment

er nova he's getting one and he's going to ruin it to so let him. Its a nova!!!!
                  MG Maestro Turbo #500
                  Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Who said Yugo? I wish I had a picture of the one I saw that had an Uno Turbo engine under the bonnet.....

Instead of the stereotypical Nova, why not the so much better 205? It looks better, it handles better, you can mod it right up to the t*ts (is that a technical term?), it's easy and cheap to get bits for, it doesn't rust, and you will very quickly become an world expert on french mechanics eg. where are my brakes, not yet another driveshaft rumble i only did that last week, that suspension squeak is going to drive me insane!, aaaargh why did the french bother with electrics theyre no good at them, etc. etc. :laugh:

No, really, if someone put a Nova and a 205 in front of me and said which one, the french wonder would be coming home with me every time!

Ricky.

Comment

Problem with 205s is that the insurance-folks have long since cottoned on to the fact that half of the so-called 1.1 shopping trolleys are actually running 1.6/1.9GTi engines, or even in some cases T16s, and the insurance premiums for all models have gone up accordingly. Same as Mk2 Golfs. Direct Line want £2,500 to insure my 21-year-old learner-driver nephew to drive an '89 205 XS. That's 5 times more than he paid for it!
                      Regards
                      John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

In that case, junk the 205, and go for a 1.4 GLX 309 - same car, bit uglier, much better to insure and a hell of a bigger boot! I cannot believe that direct line would want £2500 for it, thats daylight robbery! I insured a 1600 F plate 405 for much much less than that! And as for the Mark 2 golf, my opinion isn't exactly high of it anyway, let alone trying to justify why anyone would want to bother paying over the odds to insure one!
                        Last edited by Ricky; 28th September 2004, 21:20. Reason: The teutonic shed was mentioned, had to stick my boot into it again.....

Comment

Still on the topic of this nova. I tried getting a quate for a 1.2 base moddle mk2 ( i was bored and intrested to see how much it would be since thery are a common first car) and suprisingly it was identical to a v plate 200 1.4 16v si which is in a higher insurance group and much faster ect. Hows this work out?
                          MG Maestro Turbo #500
                          Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky
                            In that case, junk the 205, and go for a 1.4 GLX 309 - same car, bit uglier, much better to insure and a hell of a bigger boot!
                            No known Pug 309s have survived the Fylde Coast's salty rain. They are extinct where I live. The only ones you ever see belong to tourists, Same goes for 305s and all Talbots. 405s are lasting remarkably well.
                            Regards
                            John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
                              Still on the topic of this nova. I tried getting a quate for a 1.2 base moddle mk2 ( i was bored and intrested to see how much it would be since thery are a common first car) and suprisingly it was identical to a v plate 200 1.4 16v si which is in a higher insurance group and much faster ect. Hows this work out?
                              Risk factor. = More chance of the older car getting nicked.
                              Regards
                              John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Time for the last laugh - Its off at 16.00 to dads work where it will be trashed .. mabey thrashed to . Any-how i wont be an insurance fidler , i know some-one who is doing this at the moment in a 2 litre Nova blue and properly modified .. Oh sorry officer .. a white nova , unmodified 1 litre . As for cars havent found a nova to grab yet so Englands inhabitants are safe .. i Think .

Before someone says we are using trade plates to get it there with no tax , mot , or insurance . sort of thing someone has to say .

Gaz

Comment

Working...
                                X