Previous owners information from the D.V.L.A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previous owners information from the D.V.L.A

Can anyone advise me how you go about getting information about previous keepers information for your vehicle from the D.V.L.A.? believe there is a fee of £5 to pay, but is there a specific application form I have to send in and, if so, which one is it and where do I obtain a copy from?

If the D.V.L.A. requires you to provide a reason for wanting this information, what have others stated when undertaking a similar enquiry?

I take it the D.V.L.A. automatically provides you with a photocopy of everything they have on file for your vehicle, including for any SORN applications and/or VED refunds etc. Or do you have to be specific in asking for the exact information you require when submitting your application?

Any advice on this would be much appreciated!

Do a search on their website you can download it from there. I put reason as wanting to know history or the car. You get a photocopy of everything they have inc v5s
    1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
    1989 BMW 316i
    2013 BMW 320d Touring
    2014 Nissan Leaf. Shhhhhh

Treasurer
    Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Its form V888 available from https://www.gov.uk/government/public...bout-a-vehicle
      Membership Secretary
      Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
      2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
      1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

You can get the complete MOT history online with the number from your V5.

Comment

Originally posted by talkingcars View Post
          Is this from the DVLA website or another website?

@ seacow and Sussex Pete - thanks for all your advice on this, it is much appreciated. I have now downloaded the form V888 and completed it. I am hoping the D.V.L.A. will give me photocopies of everything they have on file rather than just a computer printout of the names and addresses of previous owners and the dates of ownership transfer.

Fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by talkingcars View Post
            Well, back to the start of the computerised MoT system currently in use, anyway.

Comment

http://motinfo.direct.gov.uk/interne...us-Request.jsp
              midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

Working...
              X