Legacy epc to Amazon fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy epc to Amazon fire

I have just got an amazon fire and I was wondering how do I get my legacy epc onto it? I have followed the instructions from the web sites but it does not work. I can see the files etc but thats all and it just does not want to run.
    Anybody got any ideas of how to get it running?

Cheers
    S

Sorry Secubis3 but the EPC will only work on Windows XP or earlier operating systems. It won't work on Android, OSx, or any of the Windows OS from 7 onwards.
    Did any of the websites you looked at give you the impression it would work on your Amazon Fire?
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Some websites and forums did but even amazon said it would. I know know I will need to find another way of doing it. Do you know what format the legacy is in? I might be able to find a way to run the INI file if I can convert the format.

Comment

I very much doubt you could do it, but I'm willing to be proved wrong. Legacy was designed to run on Windows 3.1x but fortunately works well on Windows up to/including XP as SP just stated. Some versions of windows 7 will run legacy using a virtual XP environment.
        Kindle Fire runs an annoying and restrictive version of Android. That OS is based on Linux. FYI there were 2 versions of Legacy, one used something called Millview as it's front end whereas a later iteration operated in an Internet Explorer environment. I can't remember if it worked with other browsers, however - all I remember is that you had to leave the disc in and change the computer clock to 2003. The same also applied to the modern non legacy MG Rover EPC.
        M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
        Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
          I very much doubt you could do it, but I'm willing to be proved wrong. Legacy was designed to run on Windows 3.1x but fortunately works well on Windows up to/including XP as SP just stated. Some versions of windows 7 will run legacy using a virtual XP environment.
          Kindle Fire runs an annoying and restrictive version of Android. That OS is based on Linux. FYI there were 2 versions of Legacy, one used something called Millview as it's front end whereas a later iteration operated in an Internet Explorer environment. I can't remember if it worked with other browsers, however - all I remember is that you had to leave the disc in and change the computer clock to 2003. The same also applied to the modern non legacy MG Rover EPC.
          The main (technical) issue with operating systems like Android or Linux is that they do not "understand" different data storage drives. They can only work properly with one storage area/disc. The EPC needs the data to be sitting on a CD drive with the program installed and run from the main computer disc. Also because it was written for Windows 3.1x, there is no INI file. The executable contains all the program coding needed.
          Membership Secretary
          Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
          2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
          1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

I got in touch with the firm that created the disc and they were very surprised that it still existed as they had lost their only copy of it. I sent off a copy for them to look at and they replied this morning. As it was made for windows then it won't run on android and because android was not even a twinkle in a developers eye at that time no code exists for the disc to be converted. But I think that they may well see this as a challenge and give it to someone as a pet project to recode to android.
            I'm not holding out for a solution but I will keep looking and trying.

Comment

Working...
            X