Rimmers problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rimmers problem

Just a heads up to warn others to double check maybe via phone when ordering from Rimmers. I have just ordered my new windscreen for the Montego and at £95 plus delivery plus £45 packaging plus vat it came in at £179. The order was placed and it was delivered today. What's the problem for hear you say, well stuck to the side of the box was an invoice for £234! Yep, they've charged £234 to my card, not a happy chappy. No response from their customer service yet either.
    Last edited by G4GLM; 16th May 2017, 18:21.

used Rimmers countless times never had a problem, possible just could be one off on there side
    MG Maestro turbo 437
    367 Bhp

Comment

Same here, over the years used them loads of times and never a problem

Comment

Well I paid on card and have a copy of the order via email so can easily do a chargeback, just don't like being quoted £179 then charged £234!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by G4GLM; 16th May 2017, 18:23.

Comment

Like Peter and Paul I've used Rimmers a lot without any problems. I'm sure its a problem on their part that will get sorted, although I can't see how they arrived at the amount of £234 as it does appear to relate to any of the costs they show on the item. If they don't play ball, then get in contact with your card company and send them your copy of the invoice. That should get things sorted once and for all.
          Membership Secretary
          Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
          2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
          1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Originally posted by Sussex Pete View Post
            Like Peter and Paul I've used Rimmers a lot without any problems. I'm sure its a problem on their part that will get sorted, although I can't see how they arrived at the amount of £234 as it does appear to relate to any of the costs they show on the item. If they don't play ball, then get in contact with your card company and send them your copy of the invoice. That should get things sorted once and for all.
            I think they have charged the extra packaging fee twice plus vat. Still no phone call back or email as promised. I know it's probably a one off honest mistake but surely it's quite easy to see and for them
            to rectify or indeed at least contact me and show a tiny bit of customer service??

Comment

The problem would be if you accepted there quote /cost them you know that ammount is in your account to cover it .They then make a mistake and over charge you and you get over drawn and you could get charged for it by your bank .
              Sure & steadfast.
              BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
              1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
              1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

Originally posted by TLC View Post
                The problem would be if you accepted there quote /cost them you know that ammount is in your account to cover it .They then make a mistake and over charge you and you get over drawn and you could get charged for it by your bank .
                That is similar to what has happened, I have a card with a £200 limit, it is set up to be paid in full monthly. I never really use it I have had it donkeys years, this is the card I used so I guess I am going to get lumbered with a huge fee at the end of the month for going over. I don't even know why I used it, it just seemed to fall out of my wallet first!
                Called them again today, bloke said yes it looks like they've charged the £45 plus vat twice and doesn't know why, "we'll look into it and get back to you" was the response. Will call them again tomorrow and if no immediate resolution then I'll call the card company and get a chargeback as I have all the emails / screenshots of the original invoice price. I appreciate mistakes happen, I have made lots but when I do I own up and rectify as soon as I can. This is the annoying part, rimmers genuinely don't seem to give a @&$#!

Comment

Update:

Thank you for your email.

My colleague has since issued a refund for the difference.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Kind regards

Comment

Working...
                  X