Previous owner details on V5 reg docs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previous owner details on V5 reg docs

Back in January I bought a Rover 45 from the trade as a stop-gap car when I was in a tight spot. I only recently realised that I hadn't been sent the V5 reg doc as the new keeper so reapplied using the green slip that I was given. The new document arrived last week and there is no previous keeper's name and address, only the information that there were two previous keepers. I am glad I had sight of the original document before it was sent off as that had both their details which I copied down. I suspect this is something to do with GDPR rules. If you are buying a car and want to have as much history as possible then get sight of the docs before they are sent off as you are unlikely to get previous keeper info again - shame really.

Yes it’s the new rules, the dvla used to give all the previous keepers details if you wrote in with a couple of quid and said it was for historic record purposes, they won’t do that anymore. They still give your details to private parking companies though!!!

Comment

Originally posted by G4GLM View Post
      Yes it’s the new rules, the dvla used to give all the previous keepers details if you wrote in with a couple of quid and said it was for historic record purposes, they won’t do that anymore. They still give your details to private parking companies though!!!
      Sounds as if the DVLA's old V888 Form service which cost just £5 has now been withdrawn. What an absolute shame - am glad I sent in mine when I did as the information obtained from the DVLA was very interesting.

Also a loss of quick revenue for the DVLA (although I would have personally been happy to have paid a tenner for this service).

Comment

Seems to be at odds with the freedom of information act too.....

Comment

Working...
        X