Appeal for help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appeal for help

We have a member living in Ashford, Middlesex, who is a pensioner who doesn't have access to internet or mobile phones, who runs a 1985 Montego 1.3 that he has had from new. The gentleman has written to me, indicating that the owner of the garage that he had used to service and maintain the Monty has now retired and his siblings are only wanting to do business with 'modern' cars. So he is in desperate straits for someone in his locality to undertake the ongoing maintenance of this car, as and when needed. Can anyone who is in that area, either offer to carry out any work when needed, or put him in touch with another garage that will provide the same service. In his letter to me, he came across as being rather desperate to "further extend his emotional venture with this car". With 1.3 Montegos being rare beasts these days, I hope there is someone out there who can help.

Please contact me with any offers or pointers and I will pass them on to the member concerned.
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

I work at c&g auto's in chalvey slough which is the other side of the airport if that's any good to him, 01753577614 for the garage and my number is 07884358800.. regards ricky
    home of the "mad maestro"
    rover sterling kv6 and four tailpipes on lenso rs5's
    1935 Morris 18/6 being rejuvenated with xj6 parts

Comment

Originally posted by thamestyres View Post
      I work at c&g auto's in chalvey slough which is the other side of the airport if that's any good to him, 01753577614 for the garage and my number is 07884358800.. regards ricky
      Thanks for the info Ricky. I'll pass that on to the member when I speak with him over the weekend.
      Membership Secretary
      Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
      2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
      1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Working...
      X