Potential new forum section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential new forum section

Hi everyone. As one of my recent posts about finding the correct oil pressure switch for a turbo engine has generated a few posts relating to which part to get and where from, I was wondering if it would be a help if I set up a new forum section where specific information like this could be stored. I am thinking of threads for specific parts, with entries showing Unipart/BL part numbers and current cross references to other manufacturers so that when something is needed it would be fairly easy to search the one forum thread to find all the information needed. Let me know if you think this would be worthwhile.
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Hi Pete.

This could be a good idea. I would like to see common service parts included, eg oil filters, air filters, spark plugs, distributor caps, rotor arms. etc

Comment

Originally posted by carfix View Post
      Hi Pete.

This could be a good idea. I would like to see common service parts included, eg oil filters, air filters, spark plugs, distributor caps, rotor arms. etc
      So, would one thread per item suit everyone? e.g. One thread for all oil filters, one more for spark plugs, another for O/P switches, and so on. Then you just need to search the one thread to find the cross references without splitting between Maestro or Montegos or any of the different engines. Also, anyone would be able to add a thread if it hasn't been recorded previously, so we don't end up with multiple threads for rotor arms, for example.
      Membership Secretary
      Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
      2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
      1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Sounds great if you have the time!
        Ian
        Ian Drew
        MG Maestro Turbo '400'
        MG ZT V8
        Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

Good idear !!
          Sure & steadfast.
          BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
          1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
          1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

Working...
          X