Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us your Maestro/Montego...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • F170 GGT-I had a lovely pic of my diamond white maestro next to a diamond white R200. To my eyes, they do look rather similar...and in my mind the 200 is pretty much "Maestro Generation 2".

    I have to be honest and say that if I ever need another car, the 200 series will be on the top of my list. Still not 110% confident in the long term longetivity of the CVT Autobox, but the car itself is none too bad!

    I was left mildly surprised by my mother the other day..driving down the motorway, we were paralelled by a BRG 600 series. Mum looked at me and said "you should get one of those.."..when I asked why, she said "Because they're NICE!"..:laugh:

    The missus and I (and mother, yes) are quite taken with the MGZR though...in my case it's the deep metallic blue, and in the missus' case, she drools over the "Custard Yellow"..:laugh:

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Wonko_The_Sane
      The missus and I (and mother, yes) are quite taken with the MGZR though...in my case it's the deep metallic blue, and in the missus' case, she drools over the "Custard Yellow"..:laugh:
      For some reason they are called Trophy Yellow and Trophy Blue - not that I have ever seen any trophies in those colours!

      Comment


      • Problem choosing colours?

        Get two cars if you can't choose the colour - a sort of his and hers MGs

        Comment


        • Finally borrowed my mates digital camera so here goes:
          Attached Files

          Comment


          • And again
            Attached Files

            Comment


            • *Drool*
              www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
              www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
              www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

              Comment


              • nice maestro,what is the other car tr7?
                Tony Hague



                A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

                Comment


                • Wait, very very very very very nice Maestro!
                  Steve Worsley

                  R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                  VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                  J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by tony
                    nice maestro,what is the other car tr7?
                    It's a Triumph TR7 which has the same stud pattern as the Maestro/Montego which means you can fit lattice alloys to it. I saw a Triumph TR7 at Powderham yesterday which had Montego 6 inch lattice wheels fitted and it looked good.

                    Here's a question - is the 2.0 litre engine fitted to the TR7 an O-Series?

                    And another - Can I post a picture of your Maestro on my EFi Gallery on my webpage.

                    Comment


                    • Here's a question - is the 2.0 litre engine fitted to the TR7 an O-Series
                      No it's not. It's the famous slant-4 Triumph engine which was later used in Saab's albeit redesigned.

                      Gareth

                      Comment


                      • And the Saab engine was much better for it, sadly. Can't fault the Triumph engineers getting 130-ish bhp from a 16 valve engine driven by just one overhead cam, using the same Triumph slant-4 block, in 1972 though... you can make a silk purse from a sow's ear!

                        The other other Rich.
                        Rich Smith

                        "Joe", aka "The Ryton Express", aka E838 VJO. Peugeot 309SR main car
                        "Kryten", aka A560 SCW. Left hand drive MG Maestro 1600 'R' second in command
                        "Fleagle", aka F929 NNA. Montego 1.6L saloon stored, status "doubts set in"
                        "Cracow", aka CCW 925Y Maestro Vanden Plas - the oldest known to the Club stored, status "will fight another day - eventually"

                        You can email me here

                        Comment


                        • Thankyou very much for your comments. Its amazing what a touch of fibreglass here and a pinch of filler there can do. Luckily I know someone who sprays cars hence I got a decent deal on a respray. Didn't set out for that in depth a restoration but it just progressed that way. After all a body in various shades of black and a Zircon blue bonnet doesn't really create the desired effect!!:laugh:

                          "Here's a question - is the 2.0 litre engine fitted to the TR7 an O-Series?"

                          As stated before I had chance to reply, Gareths correct that its a version of the slant 4 used in the Dolomite but stretched to 2 Litres. This has twin SU carbs, not sure whether the Dolly did or not? They were planning on using the O Series the year that it got axed which is a shame because that extra power in that light body would have made the already spritely performance into a real mover.

                          "And another - Can I post a picture of your Maestro on my EFi Gallery on my webpage"

                          Feel free Matt no probs at all.

                          Cheers
                          Dale

                          Comment


                          • here's mine!!!!

                            finally, here's mollie.........
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • Very nice!
                              Steve Worsley

                              R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                              VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                              J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by F170 GGT
                                Very nice!
                                cheers steve,not bad considering i had it from a salvage yard

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X