AGM - your new club committee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGM - your new club committee

After a very successful AGM, held at the Coventry Transport Museum today, I can report that we have a number of changes to the club committee.

I remain in place as membership secretary, Maisie remains as spares co-ordinator, and Simon Heap remains as chairman.

Our new treasurer is Jeff Patterson (Jeff Turbo). Jeff wasn't present at the meeting, but has expressed a desire to help out in the capacity of treasurer, and we thank him and welcome him to the role. I will be assisting with this role, as we have recently completed setup of a new bank account, and there are still some things to sort out.

Chris Mansfield (ChrisM) becomes secretary - again not being physically at the meeting, but volunteering by post - many thanks Chris.

The roles of regalia and events co-ordinator have both been taken up by Steve Osgood (ozzienpg) - quite a challenge, but I feel confident that Steve can rise to the challenge, and will have plenty of support in his new roles - we have plans for regional representatives to aid Steve in his events capacity.

Simon Heap will gradually reduce his editorial input to the club magazine, Monstro, and gradually taking over will be Sam Skelton (Captain Slow). Sam has been very keen to step in and help, and has a number of good ideas for the future. This also allows Simon to concentrate more on his role as chairperson.

And last, but definitely not least, Steve Worsley (D87 SMW) is joining us on the committee in the official role of Webmaster. Steve is looking forward to updating and freshening the website over time.

That completes your new committee. We extend our thanks to everyone who has served on the committee this year, in often less than ideal circumstances. It's also worth extending a big thanks to Jonathan Sellars, who steps down from the committee for the first time since the club was formed, 12 years ago. Jon received an award and a commemorative plate at the AGM, in recognition of his contributions to the club. Don't worry though, Jon will still be an active member and will still be attending shows and club functions!

Many thanks to everyone who attended the AGM. We look forward to the coming year and the new challenges ahead!

Eep

Comment

And last, but definitely not least, Steve Worsley (D87 SMW) is joining us on the committee in the official role of Webmaster. Steve is looking forward to updating and freshening the website over time
      I'd better start packing my bags then.

Pretty certain I will be on his hit list LOL.

mal.

Comment

Could a brake down of what was dicussed apart from the commitee vacancies at AGM be put up on the forum for those that could not attend.
        Sure & steadfast.
        BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
        1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
        1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

The minutes of the AGM are historically published in the next Monstro to follow the meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin-Rover View Post
            The minutes of the AGM are historically published in the next Monstro to follow the meeting.
            (i.e. once they're written )

Comment

That sounds promising. I am sure that Sam will be a good appointment and rise to the challenge of producing regular issues of Monstro. I am one of quite a few members who have let their membership lapse due to the infrequency of what is advertised as a quarterly magazine, and unfortunately a perceived lack of resolve in the past to remedy this problem.

I wish not to rake up that discussion and instead hope that it is water under the bridge and that Sam's appointment will herald a new beginning for the publication. I wish all the new committee the best of luck in the next year.

Comment

Originally posted by matthewsemple View Post
                That sounds promising. I am sure that Sam will be a good appointment and rise to the challenge of producing regular issues of Monstro. I am one of quite a few members who have let their membership lapse due to the infrequency of what is advertised as a quarterly magazine, and unfortunately a perceived lack of resolve in the past to remedy this problem.

I wish not to rake up that discussion and instead hope that it is water under the bridge and that Sam's appointment will herald a new beginning for the publication. I wish all the new committee the best of luck in the next year.
                Ditto.!!! I iam of the same feelling.
                Sure & steadfast.
                1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

I obviously don't know the full story behind why the issues were previously irregular, there were probably many valid reasons, but one of them certainly was because material was thin on the ground. Let's put our pens where mouths are and get something sent in.
                  Regards
                  John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                  MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Originally posted by G51 NAV View Post
                    I obviously don't know the full story behind why the issues were previously irregular, there were probably many valid reasons, but one of them certainly was because material was thin on the ground. Let's put our pens where mouths are and get something sent in.
                    Totally agree. Hopefully Sam will implement the suggestions previously made, plus other ideas of his own, in order to solicit more material.

Comment

I hope I can live up to your expectations - I do have some ideas for the magazine and hopefully will be able to return Monstro to it's stated quarterly release. Very heartened by the level of support despite the fact I'm something of an unknown, but as John says we do need plenty of contributions to ensure the magazine's quality and regularity.

Obviously as Simon's in the middle of putting issue 37 together (I start with issue 38) submissions should be e-mailed to him first, but anything sent to magazine@maestro.org.uk will find me.
                      Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
                      E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
                      H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
                      J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
                      L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
                      OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
                      PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

Whats this Sam Not got a Maestro or Montego.This will never do for a commite member There is plenty of rusty one around for you to chooes from
                        Good luck in your new role
                        Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Lack of space and funds at the minute David - the Pug's a shared car. The former may be changing soon, so I may not be without for long - we shall see.
                          Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
                          E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
                          H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
                          J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
                          L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
                          OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
                          PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

Neither do I

Comment

Shame on both of you
                              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                              2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                              2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                              2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Working...
                              X