This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daveyboy View Post
    People will always criticise but fair play to you Steve you have put alot of effort into this you can never please everyone that is life!, you have had a damn good go and i commend you
    As Esther Rantzen would say.

Comment

I have been guilty of throwing insults this forum in the past. I admit it was the wrong thing to do. In fact I've probably admitted it many times.

The biggest thing wrong with internet-forums is that they're too impersonal. You kind of forget that there are real people behind the posts.

Everyone here on this thread has something valid to say and contribute, but as usual this is just about the worst place for bringing ideas to the fore in a constructive way.

Dan & Linds, Steve, Mal, Rich, if it were possible for you all to sit round a table I think you'd find you have far more in common with each other than you think. I know you all to a certain degree, I've met you all, and found you all to be enthusiastic likeable people individually, and it's so clear from having met you that you all share a common goal and passion. Such a shame that this medium (ie faceless internet forums) masks that commonality and instead encourages bitching, which is taken personally, and because of little more than typed words on the page, enemies are made of people who actually share a common interest.
      Regards
      John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
      MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

I would like to thank Steve for all his hard work on the website. Whilst it's not exactly the way I would have done it myself, and let's just say we had one or two differences of opinion(!), I don't feel the need to broadcast details of this to the rest of the forum members, and it is sad to see that he's come in for so much flack on the public forums.

If anyone has a problem with the way this club, website or forums are being run, please contact me via Private Message or email (secretary@maestro.org.uk) and I will be happy to discuss things with you. But please, none of this public sniping and back biting, life's too short

I think this thread has now come to the end of its natural life, and any further comments are not going to be helpful, so I am closing it.
        Last edited by ChrisM; 9th July 2011, 21:52.

Comment

Working...
        X